Hair.js

thank you for comment. :)

here is colored version. I used blue-red gradient image for hair material, set uv to base object, and changed hair setting (thinner) and iteration (4) of base object's subdiv for the RIGHT one.

have fun.

ch_20080107_hairSample.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi,

sorry for lack of docs. :p just turn 'Off' to 'only polygon selection' option of Hair object. With this option, you can set at which polygon of base object a hair polygon will be made by selecting base object's polygon with 'polygon selection' number of Hair object. I used this for avoiding hair creation at back side of base object (this area is not shown from camera) to save calculation and rendering time.

about all other options ( implant angle, curly...etc) , please check how difference it make with simple base object (like a Plane 3 x 3 sections with Subdiv modifier).

I attached another sample ( with spline hair control ). please check it.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• another_hair_sample.jas.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 651
Hiroto,

When I can get results like this in a 36 second render, you must be doing something very good.

Attachments

• fuzzy koala.jpg
    fuzzy koala.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,016
hi, thank you for trying.

please check 'modified child' option of Hair Object.

if this option is 'On' (checked), Hair object will implant a hair polygon at each face of modified first child object (base object). if base object has Subdiv modifier, much more hair polygons are made at each divided faces of base object. so, I recommend you make this option 'On' just before rendering, because more polygon count causes more slowness while scene editing.

actually, I didn't implement 'hair count' option. I had to do some 'face divided calculation' for it. I tried. but, Subdiv modifier can do it faster and smarter than my script. so, I gave up. :p if you want more hair count, please use Subdiv modifier for base object.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Hello!

I think I need some help with this script: It doesn't seem to show up in the scripts menu... (it's in the right location and I've restarted cheetah).
Are there any additional steps to undertake? I'm currently running the latest version of cheetah (4.5.1)

rgds. Brecht.

---UPDATE---
It works after now. Two things I did were: add another script in the library, and restart Cheetah again.

Last edited:
how to fix an error on 4.6

hello, all

when 'uv type' is 'base object', an error occurs. :(

if you use 'base object' uv type, please edit script file manually like below...

Code:
// find this line (near line.370)
    var uv = guideCore.uvCoord(i,j);
// add to
    var uv = guideCore.uvCoord(i,j);
    uv = new Vec2D(uv.u, uv.v); // <- add this line

// find this line (near line.398)
    var uv = guideCore.uvCoord(i,0);
// add to
    var uv = guideCore.uvCoord(i,0);
    uv = new Vec2D(uv.u, uv.v); // <- add this line

// and find this and replace it  (near line.403)
    uv = uv.add(guideCore.uvCoord(i,j)); // <- delete this
// replace to
    var add_uv = guideCore.uvCoord(i,j);
    uv = uv.add(new Vec2D(add_uv.u, add_uv.v));

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

First of all, this is my first post in any forum and I think that Cheetah 3D is great. Compared to other modeling applications, it is amazingly simple and easy to use.

I'm having a problem with this script. It works fine if the implant type is points, but I get an error message if it is faces or points and faces.

If there is something I can do to fix this, please help me. :confused:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 722
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 710
Here's my first test with grass. I must work on a better texture, but the start is here. I really like your plugin Hiroto, thanks!!

Regards,

Peter

That's looking good Peer! How did you get so much grass? I made a small patch but I don't know how to get a whole lawn?

hi,

please download the latest version. I have fixed that UV setting error at this version. ;) .

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=34

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

HI :smile:

New user and im trying to figure out how to make realistiv lookin' hair and grass..

I have tried using your Hair.script to produce a logo with grass on it, and would also like to be able to implement hair on it, however, i cant seem to figure out the diff values...

I've tried to copy some of the values from meshmann's post, but it seem's that it was with a older version of the script.

if u dont mind, could you poste your values for one of your hairy monster?! :confused:

ty in advance

lsek/

That's looking good Peer! How did you get so much grass? I made a small patch but I don't know how to get a whole lawn?

Hi, I made a small patch, made it editable and used the array modifiers to create more grass. Quite simple actually. I don't know the settings anymore, sorry. I'll try to find the project in our archive here at the office.

Regards,

Peter

@ peer - tg_jp

TY for responses, although i managed to figure it out(good thing being stubborn) :tongue:

Where do I even begin with this? When I bring the script out, I just the get the transform tool in the middle? What do I have to do to apply hair the the head of one of my characters?

Back