Hair.js

im running version 4.6
its in the right folder

281by3o.jpg

I really wish I could get this to work :(

thats wierd because I downloaded it last night. haha i downloaded it again and am going to give it another try.

YAY it worked. thank you.

The Hair script is great, thanks! Got it to work and getting some nice effects.

Any chance a cartoon ink outline script will appear in the future? (black outlines around the surfaces).

not exactly what you asked for but maybe this can help...

have fun
A.

Thanks, yes, that was helpful regarding the ink outlines. When I try the new toon shaders in 5.0, I will see if the ink outlines are necessary visually. I've used the ink edges in Blender and it looks nice, but trying to work in Blender 2.49 for the sake of ink outlines is a serious challenge compared to the ease of Cheetah.

hello

I have just updated Hair.js script for 5.2 User. old one won't work, so please replace it for Cheetah3D 5.2.

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=52

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Cheers Hiroto,

very good news, this is my fav script. BTW not only you're a script wizard but now you can also read in user minds: I've been playing with hair.js all day long... (test render attached). I did't see any issue in 5.2 though, it's working quite fine excepts for material textures (I only got good results with solid colors materials).
Is there any default UVmapping set for the hair objects?

thank you so much for doing all this work for us
Alessandro

Attachments

• FluffyC.jpg
    FluffyC.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 712
hi

thanks you for comments. :)

very good news, this is my fav script. BTW not only you're a script wizard but now you can also read in user minds: I've been playing with hair.js all day long... (test render attached). I did't see any issue in 5.2 though, it's working quite fine excepts for material textures (I only got good results with solid colors materials).
Is there any default UVmapping set for the hair objects?

Hair.js's object has base object UV1 data as its UV1 and self UV data as UV2.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• rainbow fur.c3dmat.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 638
  • ch_20100125_rainbowPig.jpg
    ch_20100125_rainbowPig.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,056
Another Sample

here is another sample.

ch_20100923_hair2typess.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• hair_2types.jas.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 586
Have tried this script a few times with little success but finally starting to make some progress. It doesn't exactly look real but with a bit of tweaking I think I could get there.

EDIT: I got a bit better, awesome script!

Attachments

• daves-salon.jpg
    daves-salon.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 894
Last edited:
Hi Hiroto, are you planning on keeping both scripts or just using the new one? I'm planning on recording a tutorial on the hair script shortly and want to use the correct script

Thanks!

hi, thank you for comments.

Hi Hiroto, are you planning on keeping both scripts or just using the new one? I'm planning on recording a tutorial on the hair script shortly and want to use the correct script

actually, both are using same engine. but some parameters were added and deleted. so, I splitted new script from old one for my old scene file with Hair.js. I will maintain both scripts for any enhancement of hair quality and creation speed-up. so, please use whichever you like. but I recommend new one, because I will use new one from now perhaps. :p

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Thank you Hiroto!

I have a question I wanted to ask for a long time... in fact, there are chances I already asked or somebody already talked about it, if so I apologize but obviously I either haven't noticed or understood :redface:

how do you make multicolor fur/hairs, like your "leopard mouse" in cheetah's home page for example? I presume it's controlled by the base mesh material but I'm not able to reproduce it... if you could make a "for dummy" tut I'd be forever grateful :smile:

thanks in advance,
Alessandro

hi,

unfortunately, I couldn't explain in my poor english, :(

Hair.js and cHair.js makes hair polygon with uv1 assigned coordinate of created point of polygon's uv1 of base mesh, and uv2 assigned hair polygon self.

for example, if you want a fur-like-hair colored by base mesh, diffuse color use uv1 for base mesh color, but hair-transparent map use uv2 for express very light fur.

I have already upload mat file. please check it.

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38036&postcount=91

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Back