Exporting .mtl and Texture Baking...

I guess you need a detailed step-by-step video as it seems you´re not really following the already given instructions. What do you think?

Cheers
Frank

Well, videos are a great learning tool, partially for us Dummies.. There are many books entitled, ### for Dummies.. Perhaps you need a video, "Learning Cheetah For Dummies."... ;)

However, I am getting there. I do understand more now.. Basically I am creating a kind of template for the texture to adopt.

I am sure once I get my head around Cheetah I will be fine.. I would sure love to have the option to add more icons visible in Cheetah then to keep trying to find them... The quality of your icons is really nice.. Not all software has such quality..

I will give it another go now.. See how I go.. But don't pop the cork just yet.. haha...

Destiny..

I have had the Defuse option up before but I have no idea how to easily find it..

I have the image saved after I clicked on the Bake Texture icon...

What is the easiest way to bring up the Defuse option... ?

Taking time since I have my little 6 year old needing me all the time..

Thank you Frank

Destiny..

1. Make Object editable, add procedural material.
2. Set up lighting.
3. Click "baking texture" (Click on the Bake Texture Icon top menu)
4. At the tag: Choose UV1 for the use of default UVs coming with parametric objects
Or if you have already introduced a UV-layout.
(Double click on the Baked Texture Icon to show the UV1 opton in the Object Browser window bottom right.)
5. Hit Baking Texture icon. (Click on the Bake Texture Icon again..)
6. save image. (To a folder)
7. Make new material and add rendered image to the diffuse channel. (Finding the Diffuse is not easy… Really confusing in fact!
8. Change new material against former procedural one at mesh.
9. Export (make sure OBJ+mtl+image files are at the same spot on your computer)

Attachments

• Where-is-Defuse.png
    Where-is-Defuse.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 263
OK.. Now I under stand. NOT MAKE NEW MATERIAL but Click on the "Add Material" Icon... Then I see Defuse...

I added a colour, saved it into the same folder so now I have the objet, the mtl and the texture on in one folder all with the same name.. Yet when I press Render its Grey, as in the default colour.. I guess this is a very basic thing but its become an epic learning curve....

Destiny...

Attachments

• Does-not-render.png
    Does-not-render.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 263
I tried to add a colour in the defuse since it takes no notice of my texture..

Still renders grey...

Destiny..

Attachments

• Render.png
    Render.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 251
.. and now it renders.. that was very strange.. I pressed render again and it works..

Not sure if the mtl is working with the object ....

Now I am not sure what I was doing wrong.. :rolleyes:

Destiny..

Done it... I think...

Its your wording I think I missed the point on.. No. 8.. You mean.. Drag the new material onto the object.. :rolleyes:

Then export the obj and the mtl.. :smile:

Destiny...

7. Make new material and add rendered image to the diffuse channel.
8. Change new material against former procedural one at mesh.
9. Export (make sure OBJ+mtl+image files are at the same spot on your computer)

Even a 3D PDF brings the texture in.. ;)
... but you will need the original Adobe PDF reader to view it.. The JS is better since no player is required... but a 3D PDF has so many more options...

Destiny...

Attachments

• Cone.pdf.zip
    139.7 KB · Views: 253
Hey.. How do I make the Render bigger, Render Window....

.. how do I centre the object on the state.. Like show all...

Thank you

Destiny..

Hi..

If I add a base colour like red or green, the render is really nice.. However, if I add shiny steel or gold the entire render is black... Why is that...??

Also.. is it posible to render as a 24bit PNG...???

That option has many uses.. Like render a 24bit png sequence, which provides for really high quality animations..

Destiny...

Last edited:
Hey.. How do I make the Render bigger, Render Window....

.. how do I centre the object on the state.. Like show all...

Thank you

Destiny..
Camera-> Output->Resolution?
Click&drag from the bottom right corner? (seriously?)
Zoom out? Select all hit Focus Camera?

Hi..

If I add a base colour like red or green, the render is really nice.. However, if I add shiny steel or gold the entire render is black... Why is that...??

Also.. is it posible to render as a 24bit PNG...???

That option has many uses.. Like render a 24bit png sequence, which provides for really high quality animations..

Destiny...
I´m pretty sure PNG is a lossless image file format in its current state and Cheetah3d renders animation data to image sequences all the time. Proof: hit ctrl+click on the rendered file->Show in Finder and there it is.

Specular and refractive features can´t be baked as you can check by yourself by looking into the Baking-tag properties->Channels.

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank.. All web graphics are Lossless.. But that does not matter, I am not printing the graphic..

I did as you said, dragged the corner of the Render Manager Window out but the image dose not change size.. Even if I make the model as big as I can on the stage, the render is still the same size..

Destiny..

Click&drag from the bottom right corner? (seriously?)
Zoom out? Select all hit Focus Camera?

I´m pretty sure PNG is a lossless image file format in its current state and Cheetah3d renders animation data to image sequences all the time. Proof: hit ctrl+click on the rendered file->Show in Finder and there it is.

Specular and refractive features can´t be baked as you can check by yourself by looking into the Baking-tag properties->Channels.

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank.. All web graphics are Lossless.. But that does not matter, I am not printing the graphic..

I did as you said, dragged the corner of the Render Manager Window out but the image dose not change size.. Even if I make the model as big as I can on the stage, the render is still the same size..

Destiny..
I´m not sure why you´re constantly ignoring my advices:
:confused:

Cheers
Frank

Ignoring the baking of textures.. How do I render a shiny metal... So I get a rendered image...

Destiny..
Check the following files: Help-> Cheetah3d samples -> Rendering -> Pig.jas/Illustrator tutorial.jas. In essence you need an environment to be reflected by your shiny objects otherwise it doesn´t make sense like in a real world situation - achieved by the HDRI-tag attached to the camera. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Well Frank, its not a matter or ignoring your advice but rather trying to understand what you are asking me to do..

Someone that has never pealed an orange before asks you how to peal it.. But first they need to know what an orange is...

I did not know I had to click on the little camera icon in the Object Browser.. But I do now and I have a larger image..

Thank you

Destiny..

I´m not sure why you´re constantly ignoring my advices:

:confused:

Cheers
Frank

Back