My First Car

My First Car

This is my first real attempt to build a car in Cheetah, or any other 3D program for that mater.
I'm thoroughly enjoying this one so I thought I'd post my progress.
Cheetah gives such good visual feedback, I can always tell when something is wrong.
Then I just have to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

Attachments

• MyFirstCar.jpg
    MyFirstCar.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,650

The body shape is done, now I need seams for doors, glass and then custom wheels.

Attachments

• MyFirstCar02.jpg
    MyFirstCar02.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,528

For the first time I'm happy to see that damn black glass.

Attachments

• MyFirstCar04.jpg
    MyFirstCar04.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,502
Love the wire-mesh overlay. Is that a rendering option or something custom?

Thanks icodelot, the Wireframe texture in is in the materials under special.
I just add it to whatever material I'm using.

Material included:

Attachments

• Wired Plastic.c3dmat.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 713
Hi Eric, looking good tinted windows and all, my observation from looking at the vehicles along our street (no dragsters) would be that the majority have a larger front wheel arch, lower or equal back wheel arch, are you going for a high power rear mounted engine… although the 'Turbo' intake is on the hood?

Loving the progress renders :cool:

Hi Eric, looking good tinted windows and all, my observation from looking at the vehicles along our street (no dragsters) would be that the majority have a larger front wheel arch, lower or equal back wheel arch, are you going for a high power rear mounted engine… although the 'Turbo' intake is on the hood?

Loving the progress renders :cool:

Thanks Pat, I'm kind of going with a muscle car stance, bigger in the back and sticking out of the fenders.
Front engine rear wheel drive with a supercharger.

just a quick tip, a modern car dont have a flat windows. =)

but good work, will like to see it done! keep pushing!

Thanks Pablo, that's been bugging me as well, it's actually from the old Toyota Supra I used to drive.
It's design is more square than my model so the flat window doesn't work well.

Attachments

• 1983 Toyota Supra.jpg
    1983 Toyota Supra.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,543
Reply to posts

Nice job so far Zoo. I found it reasonably easy to make a pleasing body shape… adding detail was where I fall short. ;-)

Nice job so far Zoo. I found it reasonably easy to make a pleasing body shape… adding detail was where I fall short. ;-)

Thanks Greg. I agree, the more details I add, the further I get from that pleasing body shape.
I've slowed way down now that I'm doing the door seams.

I think some details should be added after incorporating the subdivision.

Rear End Redux

I slightly revised the rear end and tail lights in preparation for the hatchback seam.

Attachments

• Rear End.jpg
    Rear End.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 588
Back