newer than than newbie?

Tip-Nº 123.456.789:)

Hi Mayday.
Selecting polys, edges or points is extremly easy by checking the "tweak-mode-box" while using the "transformtool". It will highlight every important place under your cursor. Holding down the shift-key will add every polygon or edge or point to your selection by clicking while its highlighted. Cool feature isn´t it? Be sure you made your object "editable" by doublclicking first on its icon in the "object browser". A false additional click maybe from edge to point will be corrected automatically by another additional click on the same item two clicks before. So you don´t have to start agin after falseclicking. Setting creases is no longer a secret to you:)
I find this is one of many milestones within this app.
Can you give us more infos ´bout your project or even let us know if more help is wanted?

with kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• Transformtool.jpg
    Transformtool.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 317
Part of whats so frustrating is that i know so little about how cheetah works so far that it takes a long time just to figure out a way to describe what my current problem is. I already had selecting points, lines or surfaces figured out Frank, Thanks. At least i think I do. Sometimes it seems like I've got something understood in cheetah but i really dont. Anyway in the screen cap, bottom left, top left and top right are from my cheetah window, middle right is from Franks movie and bottom right from tg's. As you can see i have all the same areas selected as tg but what i'll call the 2nd and fourth section wont move the way tg moves his. They grow in length or shrink the same amount as the first and fifth sections do. As for tools youre using tg... i cant see that youre selecting any tools until you get to the welding step, and im a ways from there yet. That stuff you mentioned about the modifier and expand and reduce selection.. does that have something to do with it? I do see youve got the small cube selected rather than the ball or pointer. Thats what ive got selected too. I dunno if that counts as a tool. In Franks movie he maipulates his axe in a way that seems even more impossible for me at this point... I'm clueless as usual

Peter... the reason i would like to get this tutorial right is because compared to what i want my project involves the axe is nothing. If i cant do the axe, i cant do my project with cheetah either. I have tried just playing around but nothing i did so far was of any use. All i could create was the kind of thing you might see fall out of the car crusher at the junkyard

Attachments

• Picture 3f.jpg
    Picture 3f.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Back