Extrude hexagon

* Great stuff ZooHead.
* Very clear, each step is explained and there are no secret shortcuts omitted which only the “medieval” C3D cognoscenti and illuminati are aware of. Thank you for the effort.
* Servus from Vienna

Awesome! Thanks!

I just finished the last part.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Nice Thanks

My pleasure unc

* Great stuff ZooHead.
* Very clear, each step is explained and there are no secret shortcuts omitted which only the “medieval” C3D cognoscenti and illuminati are aware of. Thank you for the effort.
* Servus from Vienna

Thanks, I'm trying to create a style that's friendly to beginners new to 3D modeling in general, which means lots of screen grabs.

Attachments

• bracket-build04.gif
    bracket-build04.gif
    463.2 KB · Views: 318
  • bracket-build05.gif
    bracket-build05.gif
    447.2 KB · Views: 324
  • bracket-build06.gif
    bracket-build06.gif
    388.2 KB · Views: 305
What did you do in frame 6 of bracket-build02, right after choosing Inner extrude, but before choosing Ring Cut?

What did you do in frame 6 of bracket-build02, right after choosing Inner extrude, but before choosing Ring Cut?

After choosing Inner Extrude, I should have indicated that you need
to click and drag left and right to execute an "inner extrusion". :redface:

Ring cut yields unexpected results

I don't seem to be getting the same result when I apply the ring cut shown in step 6 of bracket-build02. I don't get the new concentric level of points. Any idea why? Thanks.
ringcut.jpg

I don't seem to be getting the same result when I apply the ring cut shown in step 6 of bracket-build02. I don't get the new concentric level of points. Any idea why? Thanks.

I just redid that section but now it's to big for posting so here it is in my Dropbox.

Let me know if this is any better.

Back