OS X Icons Tutorial

I do not know what is the problem, but I can't save /export my work as icon file. Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

One more issue: if I make background transparent (camera color properties 0%), is there any trick to make shadowmat invisible except for the shadow?

EDIT: found answer for latter issue: I accidently turned on tracking raytrace and transparency. It should be raytrace only. ;-)

EDIT of EDIT: I just tried and .tiff file works as a icon as well sometimes. That doesn't solve my doubts about icns file type but....

Please, could somebody make some suggestions?

My experiments led me to another problem: sometimes .tiff file, despite transparent background, has in final render white background. Sometimes background stays transparent. I do everything the same but I can get constant results. Did that happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
Hi Marijana.
Same issues here. Sometimes MacOS will display with alpha sometimes the images stays framed. I have no clue why this is. Icon Composer criticize the integrated pre-multiplied alpha channel - but that´s the result we´re receive as output from a Cheetah render with 0% color in camera background.
Sorry.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• RenderingForIcons.jpg
    RenderingForIcons.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 418
I thought that I was crazy! ;-) Thanks for clearing that out. :)

Is there a way to define how big is the icon? I tried to change size but they always come out small and when I try to tune them through Finder options, I have to affect all icons and I do not like that option.

Back