Cascadeur: Physics-Based 3d Character Animation (Open Beta)

Nice!

Building stuff like that was always a challenge, but did you have to trap them too? (For non print-techies, "trapping" means manually determining which strokes needed to knock out of other shapes and which needed to overprint them - and by how much - so that the press operators didn't need to execute each impression perfectly. ) Back in the day, we stored four different sizes of logos, and alternate versions for screen printing and other printing methods. I loved the meticulous stuff, but eventually imagesetters got smart enough to handle that side of it automatically, so I sidled into photoshop for almost a decade.

I've been hoping to make a rendition of our long-retired, in-house design services logo into a Cheetah3D rendition of a stained glass window for a while, now:
View attachment 36406
(An illustrator file recreated in Affinity Design.)
OMG! Trapping! That brings back nightmares. I worked in printing a few years before going digital. Had to trap and register film manually. Trapping on the computer wasn't that easy, either. Lots of tests. I remember a job where the tpye was spreading on some pages and not others. The set up on every page was exactly the same...or so we though. Different text boxes had different trap settings. Early days of Quark.

Sorry to go off topic, but seeing the word "trapping" gave me a little twitch...lol

Attachments

• Cascadeur versions.png
    Cascadeur versions.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
Back