Import OBJ then export FBX with Texture...??

Hi Lydia.. Yes, I see the bones moving in the FBX.. You are right, it really does not have to be a the Smiley.. I only used the Smiley because it is Lip Sync ready and I downloaded it for free a long time ago and it happened to work in Poser using the Talk Designer.. I have a toon donkey too that is setup to talk.. For little students, a 3D toon would have been better, but I will try to use Human and see what happens.. I really appreciate your suggestion and effort to find a solution.. I have heard of MakeHunan a long time ago.. I download it but my Mac refuses to allow it to be installed.. It just hangs there. I tried to override it but it will not install it..

I found out that I can export from Poser as the Alembic formate .abc. That means that the Smiley imports into Maya and C4D, but not Cheetah.. And, .abc formate does not import into Simlab Composer, and besides, the file size is a little bit big. I have asked for the option to be added but its been suggested by the Tech Support to use the FBX.. I tried to explain to them that the FBX does not support the morphing.. Same when animating springs.. I have had some fun with C4D in this. But I cannot use any of the animations yet.. http://tesselaar-romanoff.com/C4D-Animated-Spring/AnimatedSpring.html Most animations like this would be rendered into a movie, but I need 3D assets to be added into a 3D environment. It's a very different use of 3D. Most of what I want to add into a Virtual Reality scene, would only need to be 20 to 60 frames. Played at about 10 fps.. Sorry to say this, but I keep coming back to the .obj sequence as the best option. Not just for talking 3D characters but many others morphed animations, including springs.. But again, the sequence is not supported by SLC. BUT, they did say it would be easy to add.. So I am hopeful that the next update might have this option..

Last week, I added a 3D donkey into a VR, with basic movements. It works because it uses bones. The year 2 students were totally engaged. I also added a 3D lion, where a young African student became totally excited.. VR to young students can be a very overwhelming experience. They become very immersed.. 3D VRs is a new media, so I am hoping that there is more support for this in the future.. 2D Virtual Reality, using pano photos, have been around for a lot longer. But they are basically boring.. I have made many of them.. A VR needs interactive media assists.

I have a little Window notebook. I will try to install MakeHunan on that.. But it's a very low end machine..

Last week, I added a 3D donkey into a VR, with basic movements. It works because it uses bones.
That's why I thought of MakeHuman so that the character can also speak. It's a shame it doesn't work. :(

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the other programs because C3D is the only 3D software that I use so far.

Its a good idea, so I will try to get it to work on my Mac.. I am not allowed to install on a school PC.. I just tried on my little notebook.. I did say it's little. There is not enough space on the HD to install it. :( I only have the basic stuff on it.. Not even Office since that is on the education cloud..

A friend of mine got it going on my Mac.. V1.1.1.. The beta will not install.. We cannot see how to add audio. .. or how to make the mouth animation.
We did export the FBX though.. Its getting late so I will look at it more tomorrow..

I just imported the MakeHuman character into Cheetah.. All the bones are there and I can move the mouth.. I might be able to do something inside Cheetah.. :)

Back