* Have a look at the settings for System Prefs / Accessibility / Zoom entry in the left panel:
* The MacOS provides a magnifying / zoom option (by default cmd + alt + Plus or Minus key). * I have only tested this briefly, but there seem to be quite a few parameters to be fiddled with which could support the myopic visual acuity of us post-juvenile canines
* PS, after a spot of additional tests:
* I recommend setting the zoom-in factor (probably to 8). The incremental zooms are rather irritating to me.
* There is also a “picture-in picture” option, if that suits your work flow.