3D plus

Well - I forgot to mention I believe the "fov" and "distance to object" will have a great impact on how it turns out aside from the interocular distance.

Cheers
Frank

yeah I suspect every little detail is important in this endeavor. I eventually want to figure it all out well enough to make the image appear to be out in front of the screen instead of behind it.

Okay, frank what did you have you're FoV set to? If you don't mind comparing notes.

I had left mine at the default 60

and unfortunately since the size of my model is quite large i have to keep the camera back at quite a distance for the whole model to stay in the field of view.

maybe I should scale the model down to be able to move the camera in closer.

I'll try that next.

... Nevertheless I had a go with "Marty" the Chameleon and the Gecko while developing its textures - so for the ones of you who own a pair of "red/cyan" 3d-glasses this is for you. It looks stunning through these glasses even with your head moving. ...

Great models, textures and images, Frank. The Chameleon is even nicer I think.
Did you use the "AnaglyphMaker" program mentioned earlier in this thread ? FWIW, the link previously posted is broken but Google will find a backup site : here

A couple of very interesting pages, at least in my eyes ... :cool: :
- Information Related To Stereographics
- Calculating Stereo Pairs
- Additional Cameras, Mostly Stereoscopic, For PovRay
- Stereo Pair Photography (The Low Cost Way)

PS : take the time to explore the entire site. It's really great !

Last edited:
Did you use the "AnaglyphMaker" program mentioned earlier in this thread ? FWIW, the link previously posted is broken but Google will find a backup site : here

A couple of very interesting pages, at least in my eyes ... :cool: :
- Information Related To Stereographics
- Calculating Stereo Pairs
- Additional Cameras, Mostly Stereoscopic, For PovRay
- Stereo Pair Photography (The Low Cost Way)

PS : take the time to explore the entire site. It's really great !

The download link for Anaglyph Maker on the page you linked also seems to be a dead link however Anaglyph Workshop can be downloaded here:

http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/29535/AnaglyphWorkshopOSX.dmg

Haven't tried it yet so I have no idea if it's any good or not.

Did you use the "AnaglyphMaker" program mentioned earlier in this thread ? FWIW, the link previously posted is broken but Google will find a backup site :

I had this app tested, but for me this is the best, because of its "Dubois"-filtering: here

Here´s another: http://mac.clauss-net.de/redgreen/

The link PolarBear mentioned is from Sandy Knoll who´s a photoshop plugin developer.

@PolarBear: I would like to have one pair images of yours to show the difference when you use standard red/cyan glasses.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• AnaglyphRedCyan.png
    AnaglyphRedCyan.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 498
  • AnaglyphDubois.png
    AnaglyphDubois.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 507
I think I like the bottom one better.
What did you do different for each?
The first is the "normal" red/green conversion available elswhere (at least GIMP will do); the second is called "red/green/dubois". A slightly info is given here, but is different than the algorithm AnaBuilder uses:
e.dubois sagt:
I have a couple of comments on the last point. 
1. The least-square algorithm that I developed uses the spectral transmission curves of the glasses and the spectral density of the RGB display primaries. The version I use is for red-cyan glasses, specifically ones from American Paper Optics, and for a CRT display. Thus there is in principle a different transformation for each glasses - display pair. I did notice that ghosting was less visible on a CRT display than on an LCD display for my image. I have not implemented the algorithm for LCD spectral responses yet.
2. I have no idea how the algorithm is implemented in AnaBuilder. In my own implementation, I assume that the left and right images are gamma corrected, so I apply gamma, do the transformation in the linear domain, then apply gamma correction to the final anaglyph. If AnaBuilder does not do that, it might explain the slightly different tone scale. My own implementation uses MATLAB and is not portable.
from a filckr discussion.
You can compare types of anaglyphs: here

Well - you animation misses some "anaglyphed" clouds. :cool:

Cheers
Frank

I wished I had some of these 3D glasses.:frown: I'm sure the gecko looks amazing.

Bye,
Martin

run out and buy that Monster's vs. Aliens 2 DVD set. The one that comes with Bob's Big Break in 3D on the second DVD. That comes with 4 pairs of the red green glasses and is actually what started me on this whole quest. :)

I have a pair of red cyan too and have been looking at everything with both pair but I seem to prefer the red/green.

Back