3D plus

3D plus

Try to look at my 3D logo with 3D glasses.
I've worked it with C4D, Cheetah 3D and Photoshop

Attachments

• Mg3DLogo.jpg
    Mg3DLogo.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,680
To sad that I don't have 3D galsses. :frown: Maybe I have to organize some.

How did you render the scene to get the 3D effect.

Bye,
Martin

I Martin!
I've done it at Photoshop using and displacing channels, with my 3D glasses on, till I've got the best 3D effect!

Nice logo.:icon_thumbup:

I belive you can also achieve the effect by using 2 cameras placed slightly apart, both aimed at the object, then rendering both views and combining them in Photoshop.

Nice logo.:icon_thumbup:

I belive you can also achieve the effect by using 2 cameras placed slightly apart, both aimed at the object, then rendering both views and combining them in Photoshop.

But how would you combine them for that red/green purpose in Photoshop?

With kindest regards
Frank

I have worked displacing red to the right a few pixels and blue to the left the same ammount of pixels, always looking through my 3d glasses to achieve the best results. May be ther's another way to do it but I don't know!
And this way it have resulted!

Anaglyph Maker

Here is a Mac OS X software for doing these without any Photoshop work :

" it is a relatively simple application for combining "stereo pair" images (images taken of the same subject from two positions a few inches apart on the same horizontal plane) into a single anaglyphic image "

http://www.lamarchefamily.net/nakedsoft/

Enjoy

Oups, Looks like the above link is not correct. Here is the correct one : http://www.lamarchefamily.net/nakedsoft/

23/01/2010 :
Here is an updated link for this application : anaglyphmaker

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to pick up this thread as an extensive 3D report is available in the latest issue of the German computer magazine c't (including 3D glasses!).

Would it not be great to have a anaglyph editor in Cheetah?! From what I learned it should be an easy task as all information on the stage is obviously 3D anyway.

The 3-D effect

Sadly, there are those of us who cannot see 3-D, so viewing this logo and watching all these new animated movies proves an exercise in frustration (and headaches). I'm sure it looks great!

I'm trying to do something similar. I found a tutorial for taking left and right eye images and combining them in PS into a single anaglyph image. My problem is getting the appropriate left and right eye perspectives rendered from Cheetah.

If I make a second camera and name it Right Eye, then make it the active camera and move around to get the view of the object I want. then go back to the original camera.

Now I select the Right Eye camera in the object browser and copy and paste to make a duplicate in the exact same place.

Now I rename Right Eye.copy to Left Eye and while still viewing with the orgininal camera use the transform tool to move the Left Eye Camera a couple inches to the left.

This is as close as I've gotten so far. Problem with this is the Left Eye camera has the appropriate displacement from the right Eye camera but it's no longer focused on the object the way the Left Eye camera is. It is in fact looking along an exactly parallel path.

If I make the Left Eye camera active and then select the object in the object browser and the focus the camera on the object that process also moves the camera and ruins the displacement.

Any one know how to get a camera to focus on an object with out changing it's location in space?

An awesome feature to add to Cheetah would be Left and Right Eye camera pair that were kind of welded together and always moved as one and always focused on the same objet. You would still be able to make either camera active for the rendering purposes but while either camera is active and your moving the view around the other would automatically move with it.

That would make making Anaglyph 3D images or even animations rather easy. :)

Come to think of it, If the devs go that far and make the left and right eye camera pair object than they could go a step further and allow for those with the required graphics cards and shutter glasses to actually model in tru3D. That would be freakin awesome.

Any one know how to get a camera to focus on an object with out changing it's location in space?

An awesome feature to add to Cheetah would be Left and Right Eye camera pair that were kind of welded together and always moved as one and always focused on the same objet. You would still be able to make either camera active for the rendering purposes but while either camera is active and your moving the view around the other would automatically move with it.

Hi,

1) Add a target tag to each camera, target being your object
2) Move both camera to a folder and then move the folder

Hi,

1) Add a target tag to each camera, target being your object
2) Move both camera to a folder and then move the folder

Good advice :icon_thumbup: and easier to handle than my guess by making one camera a child of the other and "pivoting" the middle - while in target mode it´s not possible to navigate the camera any longer. Nevertheless I had a go with "Marty" the Chameleon and the Gecko while developing its textures - so for the ones of you who own a pair of "red/cyan" 3d-glasses this is for you. It looks stunning through these glasses even with your head moving. The filter what works best for it is red/cyan/Dubois - I´m not sure if Photoshop is capable for that purpose.
Have fun (if you can :p )
StereoGeckoRedCyanDubois.jpg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Yup, works like a charm. Now to do it with an animation I need a script or something to automate the PS blending process. I have 300 frames in my animation and that's just a really tedious process to do over and over for each frame.

Good advice :icon_thumbup: and easier to handle than my guess by making one camera a child of the other and "pivoting" the middle - while in target mode it´s not possible to navigate the camera any longer. Nevertheless I had a go with "Marty" the Chameleon and the Gecko while developing its textures - so for the ones of you who own a pair of "red/cyan" 3d-glasses this is for you. It looks stunning through these glasses even with your head moving. The filter what works best for it is red/cyan/Dubois - I´m not sure if Photoshop is capable for that purpose.
Have fun (if you can :p )

Cheers
Frank

Okay I got my script for automating the process of converting stereo pair image frames written and works great but I think I'm still doing some thing wrong with the camera placement or displacement.

looking at your image with out the glasses on the difference between the two images is dramatic and obvious. You can see the red edges and the cyan edges quite plainly. in mine they so close together it's barely noticable.

How far apart did you have your cameras?

Back