Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

If I rename a layer all objects get moved to that layer when I exit the text edit box - with tab or return.
Also the undo history seems to mess up sometimes so that I can't always get my layer selections back.

Ops, that was a bug. It will be fixed in the next Beta. Thanks for reporting.:smile:

Bye
Martin

I miss the “Flat” animation tangent option. Is there any plan to bring it back?

Probably not. Sorry. At the moment I prefer the idea to add a small tool which just sets the spline tangents flat.

Another nice animation timing feature would be the ability to snap curve control handles, or type in values for them. As it stands, I find it very difficult to accurately edit some animation.

These are things which I have on my todo list. But probably not for v7.0 anymore.

Bye
Martin

Have you checked "Gamma" value at the renderer settings already?

Cheers
Frank

Here are two pictures. The first is with Version 6, the other with 7.
The ground area gets this "light brown color" instead of white. I changed the gamma settings with no result... The jas-file is attached. I am sure some years ago there was with an "between version 5" the same effect, and Martin repaired it. Unfortunately I can not find this topic in the forum.

Thanks.

@Martin: this is a great software, I like it more and more!

Attachments

• HDRI_Test.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 321
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 501
* Not really my area but increasing intensity in the HDRI params seems to work. Check it out anyway.
* Servus from Vienna :tongue:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 14.53.33.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 14.53.33.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 524
* Not really my area but increasing intensity in the HDRI params seems to work. Check it out anyway.
* Servus from Vienna :tongue:

Thank you, but increasing intensity makes everything else to bright and the shadow is to yellowish :-(

* Switching HDRI images produces all sorts of hues on the plane, including one image without any “discolouration”.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 15.12.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 15.12.27.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 513
Here are two pictures. The first is with Version 6, the other with 7.
The ground area gets this "light brown color" instead of white. I changed the gamma settings with no result... The jas-file is attached. I am sure some years ago there was with an "between version 5" the same effect, and Martin repaired it. Unfortunately I can not find this topic in the forum.

The problem is caused since you have a skylight und hdri light in one scene. Both light sources are environment lights but in the real world there is always just one environment. So please just use either the skylight or the hdri light but don't use both in the same scene.

Cheetah3D 6 and earlier was more tollerent with such physically incorrect scene setups. So it's actually more a bug in v6.:redface:

@Martin: this is a great software, I like it more and more!

Thanks.:smile:

Bye
Martin

* Switching HDRI images produces all sorts of hues on the plane, including one image without any “discolouration”.

Thank you again!
Another HDRI affects the colors. I like the "warm colors" from the entrance- hall-hdri and I have used it with many files the last years :) So I would like to use the old files in Version 7 with the same settings and the same colors.

Greetings!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 515
Thank you again!
Another HDRI affects the colors. I like the "warm colors" from the entrance- hall-hdri and I have used it with many files the last years :) So I would like to use the old files in Version 7 with the same settings and the same colors.

I'm a little bit irritated since you rendered the v7 image with a different hdri texture.

For an HDRI test scene with the same texture you can render the Pig.jas sample file. The differences should be very small.

Bye
Martin

I'm a little bit irritated since you rendered the v7 image with a different hdri texture.

For an HDRI test scene with the same texture you can render the Pig.jas sample file. The differences should be very small.

Bye
Martin
I just wanted to show Helmut, that the other HDRI affects the colors. They are more cold than warm. Can you please render the test file on your mac?
Attached is a picture with version 6 and the oldtown-hdri.

Greetings

The problem is caused since you have a skylight und hdri light in one scene. Both light sources are environment lights but in the real world there is always just one environment. So please just use either the skylight or the hdri light but don't use both in the same scene.

Cheetah3D 6 and earlier was more tollerent with such physically incorrect scene setups. So it's actually more a bug in v6.:redface:

Thanks.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Oooohhhh, I just read this message. If there was a bug... oohhh noooo... I cannot use my earlyer files any more in Version 7 ..... If I disable the skylight I get in Version 7 the following result. A light brown base....
On the left side there is in Version 6 HDRI and Skylight. Without Skylight the result in V6 is the same like the picture on the right side. I want the "BUG" back please :) :) Yes I know this is a silly wish, but the bug worked so fine.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 518
* Try this:
* Dump the skylight and replace it with a standard light / type distant / else out-of-the-box settings.
* Servus from Vienna

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 16.29.47.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 16.29.47.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 519
Oooohhhh, I just read this message. If there was a bug... oohhh noooo... I cannot use my earlyer files any more in Version 7 ..... If I disable the skylight I get in Version 7 the following result. A light brown base....
On the left side there is in Version 6 HDRI and Skylight. Without Skylight the result in V6 is the same like the picture on the right side. I want the "BUG" back please :) :) Yes I know this is a silly wish, but the bug worked so fine.

Yes, the results of a single HDRI light should create quite identical results (see image below).:smile:

The v6 behaviours which allowed two or more environment lights gave some artistic freedom but it didn't generate more realistic images. For a realistic image a physically correct light setup is unavoidable.

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 518
Without the entrance-hall-hdri the enviroment is o.k. in V7, the shadows look even better (only the cylinder on the left looks more flat) but I loose the metallic looking reflection on the ball. Is there a way that only single objects are affected by the hdri? I tried to disable with a render tag the hdri for the floor, but it does not work. It was light brown...

Thank you Martin for looking!

Greetings

P.S. Left picture: V6 with hdri AND skylight
right picture: V7 without HDRI, without skylight, but with radiosity

P.S.2 Thank you Helmut for helping!! I appreciate it very much!
With the standart light I loose this nice shadows. I think I will use the "old" files in V6 and search a way to simulate the "bug-result" in V7 :) Because I want absolutely to use the new Cheetah.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 505
Me again

I will try it with a modified HDRI (less blue) and I think this is a way for me and new projects in Version 7. Years ago "Archie" mentioned that it is unusual to use HDR and skylight, but it worked for me and I was surprised to hear today it was/is a bug. :p lol !!!! :p

Thank you all for helping!

Greetings

P.S. Picture with first HDRI-Test. I will continue to match the final result.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 497
Back