Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

Apple just changed their app store review time, will Martin re-view his decision and put the app on the store again? I will love him for eternity!

Hi,
I'm sorry but as Frank already said I currently have no plans to return to the MAS. The long review times were pretty annoying but they were just one of the minor reason why I left the MAS.

From where do you have the information that Apple changed the app store review times? Do you have a link?

Bye
Martin

Hi,
I'm sorry but as Frank already said I currently have no plans to return to the MAS. The long review times were pretty annoying but they were just one of the minor reason why I left the MAS.

From where do you have the information that Apple changed the app store review times? Do you have a link?

Bye
Martin

Thanks you and frank for replying.

Here's the link http://www.macrumors.com/2016/05/12/apple-faster-app-review-approval-times/

if you read inside that forum post, some devs have confirmed that it takes less than 48 hours for apps to be approved. (I have bought apps from them so I know about those devs, just in case)

Last edited:
Just purchased upgrade to v7 - bevel observation

Glad to invest in the development of this software.

I have noticed in V6 and V7 that textures are not applied correctly after using the bevel tool. Regardless if you add texture before or after bevel, the bevelled area does not display texture / material.

Glad to invest in the development of this software.

I have noticed in V6 and V7 that textures are not applied correctly after using the bevel tool. Regardless if you add texture before or after bevel, the bevelled area does not display texture / material.
All of the parametric objects contain default UVs (with 1 exception: the polyhedra) - when you add geometry it won´t count into the mapping automatically which is normal for all subdiv modelers from my experience. You need then to either unwrap the mesh or use the UV-mapper tool when you find a matching projection type. This applies just for image based textures. Procedural textures can be assigned to 3d tangent space which covers the whole mesh regardless the process of modeling.
You might find this small video about the UV-mapper somehow useful.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• RemappedBevelebBox.jpeg
    RemappedBevelebBox.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 662
Jingle

When a render is complete, there is a "jingle-sound". How can I tell Cheetah to stop that jingle? :)

Render with HDRI

Also I noticed, that the same files rendered in V7 (vs. 6) with HDRI light on, have a very different result. There was years ago a same "problem" from version 5 to 6 and HDRI.

I believe that (i.e. "jingle sound") has been answered in a parallel thread, but I can´t find it. From memory, it was a fiddle on some setting in the Mac OS X.

Also I noticed, that the same files rendered in V7 (vs. 6) with HDRI light on, have a very different result. There was years ago a same "problem" from version 5 to 6 and HDRI.

Also check your materials, you will have to reset any blur
or roughness because of a bug in v6 that has been fixed.

The chosen renderer is saved to the file so you can
create a template file with all your personal settings.

You can also set Mac system preferences to open
the last file that was open when quit a program.

That way if I open the template doc, or any doc I
want before I quit, it opens when I start up again.

Lazy huh? :p
In the meantime you can make your default standard scene with your preferred renderer enabled and save - put it (or an alias) in the dock or wherever you start Cheetah3d from.

Cheers
Frank

I'd like to think of it as efficient:smile:
or lazy....
Either way, thank you for being an enabler!

Steve

I miss the “Flat” animation tangent option. Is there any plan to bring it back?

Another nice animation timing feature would be the ability to snap curve control handles, or type in values for them. As it stands, I find it very difficult to accurately edit some animation.

It would be nice to be able to set default renderer in preferences:)

That's something I thought about by myself too. So I will add that feature to Cheetah3D. I'm just not sure if it will already make it into v7.0. I really should really come to an end with the v7.0 development and create a final product. After more then 4 years of development this is more than overdue.:redface:

Bye
Martin

All objects change to layer when you edit layer name

Hi Martin

Thanks for more amazing work on C3D. Very much enjoying the additions so far.

I did find an issue that makes layers a little frustrating to work with right now:

If I rename a layer all objects get moved to that layer when I exit the text edit box - with tab or return.
Also the undo history seems to mess up sometimes so that I can't always get my layer selections back.

renameLayer.png

Back