Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

:D Thanks Martin Big Time! V7 looks fabulous! Can't wait to try it!
Looks like it was well worth the wait!

My Best 2U
Jeanny

Yes, the functionality is now available via the gadget mode in the transform tool but I'm not too sure anymore if removing that tool was a wise decision. Especially since the gadget mode requires considerably more mouse clicks.

Should it return?

Bye
Martin

How do I use the gadget mode to rotate on these edges?

Attachments

• 98-Resized@1x.png
    98-Resized@1x.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 749
…requires considerably more mouse clicks.

A lot of things seems to require more mouse clicks, such as nesting all the polygon tools on a sub-menu.

Please consider flattening the secondary click menu for often used tools like they were in previous versions.

morph export in .fbx

it would be nice to publish some fancy animation to Skechfab if/when it works?
or even to unity...please!

C3D7 beta13 is outstanding in every direction!

After several attempts to use the "Vertex Color Tag", I have to admit I'm a bit confused on how to apply it to points, edges, polygons, or an entire object.

I believe its just not fully implemented/activated yet in this beta and that's the reason, else someone please explain how it works when time permits?

Thanks.

Attachments

• VertexColor_Tag.png
    VertexColor_Tag.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 810
Seems you don´t have discovered the new Brush-tool yet.
And it´s called Vertex-paint for a reason.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• VertexColor.jpeg
    VertexColor.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 776
does fbx sdk 2015 will support these animation methods?
thanks again

Which animation methods? Edge rotation when editing a mesh isn't keyframeable in itself, you need to use a morph modifier to capture mesh states. AFAIK mesh animation is supported via FBX (long before 2015); not sure off the top of my head whether C3D exports mesh animation (since I've never used it for anything).

record morph tag in cheetah and export in fbx

thats what i mean.a month ago Martin said it wasn't working yet,so may be now or later.morph tag animation could be used together with joint animation for best results in face animation for instance.we can use them together in cheetah but it should be exportable in fbx for use in sketchfab or unity.Please Martin answer this.thanks again.link

Last edited:
thats what i mean.a month ago Martin said it wasn't working yet,so may be now or later.morph tag animation could be used together with joint animation for best results in face animation for instance.we can use them together in cheetah but it should be exportable in fbx for use in sketchfab or unity.Please Martin answer this.thanks again.link

I'm sorry but FBX export of morph animations didn't make it into v7.0.

Bye
Martin

C3D7 beta13 is outstanding in every direction!

After several attempts to use the "Vertex Color Tag", I have to admit I'm a bit confused on how to apply it to points, edges, polygons, or an entire object.

I believe its just not fully implemented/activated yet in this beta and that's the reason, else someone please explain how it works when time permits?

Thanks.

What is the use for this, is it for actual painting on a texture or for bone heating.

Back