Cheetah3D 3.0 screenshots

Cheetah3D 3.0 screenshots

Hi,
here is a first screenshot of Cheetah3D 3.0. It shows the upcoming UV unwrapping tool and the UV editor.
To upwrap a polygon object you mainly have to draw in some seams (the green lines in the 3D view) and then call the Unwrap UV tool.

By,
Martin

P.S. I haven't announced it officially yet . But everybody who bought Cheetah3D after 1.Nov.2005 will get a free update to version 3.0.

Attachments

• cheetah3dschnappschuss001_195.jpg
    cheetah3dschnappschuss001_195.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 2,125
This is very cool!!! Btw, will it be able to generate automatic UVs for meshes imported from another software? Do you use some algorithm for minimizing distortion?

I see that the UV editor has the same camera controls as normal views, so I guess the user will be able to interactively zoom/pan it!! Very nice!!

That looks real nice!

Can you move, rotate, and scale polygons or groups of polygons in the UV Editor too? It is useful for tweaking!

Cheers,
-Jon

Wow!

I hope there are still coming a lot of updates to the 2 series ;-) ?

Any idea about the (upgrade) pricing?

Sora.

Hi,
ces said:
Do you use some algorithm for minimizing distortion?

Yes, I'm using the "Least Squares Conformal Maps" algorithm. This algorithm creates very good unwraping results.

ces said:
I see that the UV editor has the same camera controls as normal views, so I guess the user will be able to interactively zoom/pan it!! Very nice!!

You are right.

by,
Martin

Hi,
aarku said:
Can you move, rotate, and scale polygons or groups of polygons in the UV Editor too? It is useful for tweaking!

Of course, all selection and transform tools also work in the UV editor. Even auto highlighting works. So the points, edges and polygons under the mouse pointer are highlighted.

By,
Martin

Hi,
Sora said:
I hope there are still coming a lot of updates to the 2 series ;-) ?

Don't worry I still have some plans for 2.x. :wink:

Sora said:
Any idea about the (upgrade) pricing?

I made no final decision yet. But I guess it will cost 49$.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Hi,
aarku said:

Of course, all selection and transform tools also work in the UV editor. Even auto highlighting works. So the points, edges and polygons under the mouse pointer are highlighted.

By,
Martin

Slick. I am one happy camper right now. :D I want to try/beta it! :)

-Jon

Yeah, this looks great! I am actively using C3D with my Unity License, and would love to help test the UV unwrapping features...

Hi klindeman and aarku,
it would be nice to have some beta testers. I will let you know once the UV tools reach beta status. It might take some more weeks.

By,
Martin

Looks great, if you also need a beta tester for new rendercapabilities (photon mapping, etc) I would like to join the program too :)

Regards,
Peter

it would be nice to have some beta testers. I will let you know once the UV tools reach beta status. It might take some more weeks.
The UV tools look very interesting, need another tester? :D

Hi,
I've compiled a list with all of you for beta testing. But as I already said it might take some more weeks.

I think I have enough beta testers now. So please no more requests.

By,
Martin

Hi,
here is another screenshot of an upcoming v3.0 feature. On this image you can see the new material browser. It will be integrated into the main window. So the problems caused by the drawer will be gone.
The new material browser also allows to select and drag and drop multiple materials at once. It allows to create bigger preview icons. And you can even search your materials with the search field at the upper right.

By,
Martin

Attachments

• cheetah3dschnappschuss001_167.jpg
    cheetah3dschnappschuss001_167.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,144
Looking great Martin...

concerning the materials...

is it possible to have a whole heap of cusomisable preset materials... glass (various), chrome, gold, silver, bronze, diamond, ruby... etc etc that could then simply be dropped onto the parts of a model... either onto the model itself or the object browser so that one doesn't have to remember how one did all of those great settings in that great render one did months ago and now you want to reproduce it in a different project...

would be so so so so so handy... especially for architectural work...

cheers
Trevor

PS: pity you have closed your beta list... ;-)

Hi Trevor,
you use diamonds and rubys for your architectural work. Wow you must have rich customers :wink:

But I know what you mean and it is indeed planed for v3.0. If it doesn't make it in v3.0 it will make it into v3.x. That depends how fast I progress on the other major features I've planed.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Hi Trevor,
you use diamonds and rubys for your architectural work. Wow you must have rich customers :wink:

If only!!!!!!!
working in student admin at a uni my architecture clients tend to be few and far between... just my deep love of architecture remains I think...!!!

the diamonds and rubies are for my interest in jewellry making... they are few and far between as well... :) :-(

But I know what you mean and it is indeed planed for v3.0. If it doesn't make it in v3.0 it will make it into v3.x. That depends how fast I progress on the other major features I've planed.

Hopefully they will make there way in v3.o release as that is probably the highest on my most wanted list... ;-)

cheers
Trevor

Back