PNG Alpha question

PNG Alpha question

I have a simple shape with a png graphic as material. The png has transparency in it which causes the shape to have a window to see though. It's fine as long as there is an object behind the hole. But when nothing is viewed behind it , it renders black.

I have the background set up right for transparency when rendering. It all works fines except for the window that I wish to see through.

Is there a better way to do this without actually modelling the window that I want. Using just materials and alpha.

Does anyone have an answer?

I have a simple shape with a png graphic as material. The png has transparency in it which causes the shape to have a window to see though. It's fine as long as there is an object behind the hole. But when nothing is viewed behind it , it renders black.

I have the background set up right for transparency when rendering. It all works fines except for the window that I wish to see through.

Is there a better way to do this without actually modelling the window that I want. Using just materials and alpha.

I think I have the answer! :) Something similar has happened to me. I solved it by moving the transparent object below the other objects in the Object Browser. Funny thing, eh?

Welcome here.
here is the one of the answers on this forum : http://cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1688&highlight=background+render

Just do a search with "background render" and you will get lots of tips/tricks.
One solution you have is to place your entire scene in a giant box.

Back