Face tutorial

face

I really like the tutorial. So, I just had to make a face!

Took me about 5 attempts but something is starting to click in my mind. Cover, weld, optimize, point slide, normal move, extrude etc. Though, it does look like a rubber face! Some of the edges are a bit rough. I only used colors and no textures. I used the distance light with radiosity. Took about three hours to render.

He he, what a way to blow a day.

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 956
Here is another attempt. Though, I used a sphere instead of a cube with the symmetry and subdivision.

Sort of funny working on faces. The tool names like: scalpel, jigsaw, ring cut -- sort of feel like a plastic surgeon. :)

Attachments

• face4.jpg
    face4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:
Here you can find a couple of pretty goot Tutorials for modeling heads:
http://www.limitsurface.com/tutorials.html

Here is a list of the tutorials on this site:
1_Eye_Modeling.mov
2_Bridge_The_Nose.mov
3_Start_The_Cheek.mov
4_Mouth.mov
5_Cheek.mov
6_Nose.mov
7_Head.mov

They use Luxology's modo but shouldn't be too app specific.

Good luck!

Yet another face. :)

I like the eye modeling tutorial. Seems I have the most difficulty with the eye and the side nostrils on the nose. The weld tool is handy at that stage.

Copied the instance and rotated it around to create a mace.

Attachments

• face6.jpg
    face6.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 885
You guys are pretty amazing with this stuff. Heres my first ever attempt at a face, was going for a cartoonish look more than anything. Any feedback would be great.

Attachments

• cartoon face.jpg
    cartoon face.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 813
yeeeeah!!

HI to everyone! I'm Alessandro from Milano,new forum member and obviusly new C3D user. Sorry for my really bad english..

Just want to say GRAZIE(mean thanks) for this tutorial,it's a great support for me and its also so easy to understand!
I'll post you here the face i'm tryin to do starting with your tutorial!

tnxAlott!!

sorry again for my bad english...

A.

i love this program

Glad you enjoyed it, please post your results.

Andrew

:) hi Andrew!

this is my first attemp,started yesterday from your tutorial:

c3dprova1fi4.gif

hope you have some tips for me!
i've to try out somenthing for the nose..i dont like it so much..it appears with a piramidal section,probably i have to work near the symmetry junction of that...dont know..need to use C3D more than one day.. :tongue:

TNX4ALL

Alessandro.

Great work for 1 day Alessandro, keep it up. As for organic modeling tips, try not to use ngons they can produce hard edges that don't look natural.

Andrew

what's the best to modeling organtic subjects?

Great work for 1 day Alessandro, keep it up. As for organic modeling tips, try not to use ngons they can produce hard edges that don't look natural.

Andrew
TNX for the reply!
What is the best to use for modelling organic things?
Sorry,I'm still reading how to use the program,i'm a noob in 3d modelling..

grazie!

Ale.

use quads, and if you need them, make triangles. And try to avoid poles. A pole is when there are more than 4 edges connected to one point, especially try not to have several poles close to each other!

Your head looks good for a first attempt. If you take the picture with wireframe its easier to see what you have done and give advice. Another thing, the gif animation is really annoying to look at, better to look at two or three still images! But thats my meaning! Keep up the good work and exploration!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm completely new to Cheetah! I need some help with this tutorial. I'm stuck on the face, I always manage to make one half of the face and then after I transform the lips and begin to alter then, I can't seem to make them grow like the way you do in the tutorial. Perhaps it was because my speakers are low, but are you suppose to press C in order to achieve that? Because every time I do, nothing happens. If anyone can tell me how they were able to pull that off, let me know :D. I want to create a chin and a neck!

He has 'C' set as cover on his system preferences. So you need to set it up first.

Stuart

OHHH! Okay thank you so much! Quick question, what would you set for C in order to be able to create faces with that key? I hope that question makes sense! I'm seeing so many options here. :smile:

Back