Face tutorial

File not Found

Hi There Martin and modellers,

It seems the link to the movie is down, did it get sent to you Martin?

Is it possible for someone to locate it, host it, find it a home?

I would love to get my hands on that .mov!!

As a learning exercise I am attempting to model Thomas the Tank Engine, a face tutorial would be ideal for that purpose.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards

Russell

Hi Russell,
sorry but I don't have the tutorial.

To Andrew (fused) : Hi Andrew, if you want I can host your movie on my site. Please let me know if that would be OK.

By,
Martin

Hi Martin,

It's been a while, I had so much to do for work. Anyway, I don't have the movie any more but if you have go ahead. I hope it can help others to begin their C3D experience.

Andrew :D

fused said:
Anyway, I don't have the movie any more but if you have go ahead.

Hi Andrew,
the problem is I don't have it too. :cry: Maybe David can find it on his mac.

Many thanks in advance that you allow me to host it.

By,
Martin

Back on web

Martin said:
fused said:
Anyway, I don't have the movie any more but if you have go ahead.

Hi Andrew,
the problem is I don't have it too. :cry: Maybe David can find it on his mac.

Many thanks in advance that you allow me to host it.

By,
Martin

I have that video on my mac. And i hope there will be no problem for "fused" that the video is published again. Because it`s a nice one. Good work, thanx!!!

It had been copied on my webserver. You find the movie under : http://www.grundkonzept.de/cheetah/face/face.mov

The Size is 20,8 MB

Greetinx from hannover!

der.guen

I have that video on my mac. And i hope there will be no problem for "fused" that the video is published again. Because it`s a nice one. Good work, thanx!!!

Thanks der.guen, I have no problem with the video being published.

Andrew

Hi der.guen ,
thank you very much that you've uploaded the video. So I was also able to upload the video to my webspace. I've also fixed the link on Andrews original post of that thread. So that clicking on Andrews original post will now download the video from my website.

By,
Martin

Hi Fused,

I saw you're video again and was wondering when the next part will be out?
I'm giving it a go (finally) this weekend. Your video is an excellent tutorial!!!

Regards,

Peter

Thanks for the complement Peter. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to make another video at the moment. Hopefully in the near future I’ll be able to return with another video tutorial.

Thanks Again

Andrew

Face video

Just seen this video for the first time. Its a revelation, a whole set of techniques Id never even thought of using. I appreciate the effort required to make this video. It makes it hard to ask if there is any chance of seeing another one like it! Thanks for sharing this one.

Adrian

Its a revelation, a whole set of techniques Id never even thought of using.
Thanks Adrian, I hope the video helps.
It makes it hard to ask if there is any chance of seeing another one like it! Thanks for sharing this one.
Funny you should ask, I was thinking about starting on a new tutorial focusing on surface modelling. I haven't kept any of the original face video files so I may model a face again or possible something else. So watch this space.

Thanks again.

Andrew

thanks

thats tutorial was incredibly useful, heres a picture of a "carving" of a face that i made... i only started cheetah about a week ago and that tutorial really helped me get used to the program

thanks,
adam

Attachments

• face carving.jpg
    face carving.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,151
thats tutorial was incredibly useful, heres a picture of a "carving" of a face that i made... i only started cheetah about a week ago and that tutorial really helped me get used to the program

thanks,
adam

Wow, nice render and model looks very good. Thanks for the positive feedback on the tutorial.

Andrew:)

Question about the video

In the video you say "press the c key to drag it back", band that video looked like a semi older version. can yout ell me how to do that in 4.1?

Hi nicky card.
At the beginning of the video Andrew mentioned to assign four hotkeys, which were displayed well:
"A" for Modifier on/off
"C" for Cover
"P" for create Polygon and
"W" for Weld

With kindest regards
Frank

Back