Cheetah3D 8.1 Beta 1 - Adds USDZ import/export

Oh the Cheetah 7.5 link is to Cheetah3D.dmg which is simply the 8.0 one. While the 7.5 Beta link is no longer valid.
Thank you.

It´s pretty sure a display glitch. Can you test my file?
TestFileDisplayGlitch.jas.png

Attachments

• TestFileDisplayGlitch.jas.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 22
Something unrelated to USDZ just came up.
In 2019 in C3D7.3 / 7.4 it was possible to load the rigid body 2 example (red ball smashes blue boxes), bake the dynamics into a cache, keyframe the folder and get all dynamics of all boxes recorded, ready for fbx animation export.

Now the hierarchy doesn't work anymore, I still can record keyframes of the folder but the box translations are not contained anymore.
It is still possible to keyframe a single box or the red ball, but without hierarchy this is totally impractical.

This was a very important export workflow also possible for gltf / usdz in the future but is now broken in C3D7.5 and 8.

I finally upgraded to a Mac Studio with the M2 max so now I can check on the latest version of Cheetah.

This seems like a major mistake as there is no sub selection in the latest version.
In version 8.0b5 on my 12.7.4 Monterey iMac, if you select multiple objects there is a sub selection color as shown here.
Notice there are two colors for selected objects as well as two shades of blue in the object browser.

SubSelection01.jpg

With my Sonoma 14.4.1 Studio Mac and Cheetah v8.1b1, this does not happen.
Why is there an Object Sub-Selection color if it is not used?
How can I tell which object is the focus of actions in the Object Browser?

SubSelection02.jpg

I just tried it on my Sonoma 14.4.1 Studio Mac with Cheetah v8.0,
and it too does not have sub selection color.

It may be OS related?

Something odd with Mac OS Monterey and Sonoma.
If you have a folder of images and select all and
then press the spacebar to preview them,
it shows the last in the selection list first.

I will check my old soda can Mac later, but I don't remember that happening before.

Back