OBJ export will not create MTL file

...it would be a great timesaver if polygon deletion could be enabled via a preference toggle "Allow deletion from uv map selection".
I like this idea; I too sometimes used the UV layout window to delete dense geometry. But not if it adds a lot of complexity to Martin's coding. There are far more important things to improve on or add.

I like this idea; I too sometimes used the UV layout window to delete dense geometry. But not if it adds a lot of complexity to Martin's coding. There are far more important things to improve on or add.

Yes agree. Folks have been requesting features and requesting improvements for years. As worthy as they all are, Martin simply cannot implement them all. He is in a unique position of hearing all user requests, having some understanding of the 3D marketplace, and also knowing what is involved in implementing those features.

Users (and I'm certainly guilty of this myself) can get precious with their requests, and can get cranky pants when they feel slighted or ignored. As a user of Cheetah since the free copy of v2.6.1 was offered on a cover CD way back when, I can attest that Martin listens to his users more than most, and is honest and upfront to a fault. If we all got our way, we would end up with the car that Homer Simpson designed, which in software terms, is affectionately known as bloatware. And we don't want that.

... but it would be a great timesaver if polygon deletion could be enabled via a preference toggle "Allow deletion from uv map selection"
What I´d do in this case is to make the 3d-view active (mostly by clicking the focus icon to check what exactly is selected in UV-editor) and hit backspace. Still needs optimise tool now&then to get rid of unconnected points.

Cheers
Frank

Back