Cheetah3D 7.1 Beta 3

Polyplane has UVs by default now as the new Loft-Creator.

The have UVs by default (except the Isosurface-Creator) - not just when you make´m editable and pretty sure we can´t make better ones for the Lathe- or Sweep-Creator. ;-)

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the graphic Frank.

Hi,
I've released Cheetah3D 7.1 Beta 3 today. This version is mainly a bug fix release and will probably become the final version of v7.1.

Thank you very much for all the bug reports.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Thank you Martin.. Always nice work.:smile:

Fantastic update, thanks! I'm still looking forward to the day you'll introduce an official hair/fur creation tool, though. :tongue:

Something I should have asked years ago.

Dearest forum,

This is one of those aspects of C3D that keeps catching me out and using grillions of seconds of CPU time with renders I can't use.

In essence, the editor view is much darker than the render view. Therefore I have to switch ON the CAMERA light to see what I'm doing. After 10 minutes or editing, I request a render but forget to switch off the Camera Light -- hence an unusable render.

Here's the examples:

Regards

Andy

Attachments

• CameraLightOff.jpg
    CameraLightOff.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 336
  • RenderedVersion.jpg
    RenderedVersion.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 329
That's strange. How many light sources do you have in your scene since Cheetah3D just uses the first 8 in the OpenGL preview.

If you send me your scene I will have a look into it.

Bye
Martin

Mmmh - why this? The default camera light setting is on "Auto" which means it won´t render if any other light-source appears into a scene .

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank,
once you add a light to the scene, the 3d view will be illuminated by this light, which may be to weak (as in Andy's screenshot above) or cast shadows on backsides which makes modeling difficult.
Now you can disable the visibility for this light but if there are many it's easier to switch cam light ON.
That's where the problems start because now it has to be disabled for rendering again.

Last edited:
Hi Miss OS :rolleyes:
* It may be useful to stuff lights into a specific folder.
* Toggle off the visibility of the entire folder in the editor (but not in the renderer).

Helmut, that's a good suggestion.
Also lights 2 to 47 could be parented to light 1, the master light (ruling them all or sth.)

(Still I would like to see the cam light status at a glance in the object browser like I can do with object visibility...)

Last edited:
... which makes modeling difficult.
Not my kind of work-flow. I always separate modeling and animation from rendering process - more so if I had to tweak or add parts of a an already light set-up scene I´ll do it in an extra file for exchange via copy&paste. But that´s probably just me. :p

Cheers
Frank

Great to see how the cat is progressing :smile:

A problem (with Cheetah3D 7.1):

When I make a smart folder pointing to an object in an external Cheetah file the child of an object, the material changes from the original as in the external file to the material of the parent.
Is this a bug?

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    306 KB · Views: 235
Great to see how the cat is progressing :smile:

A problem (with Cheetah3D 7.1):

When I make a smart folder pointing to an object in an external Cheetah file the child of an object, the material changes from the original as in the external file to the material of the parent.
Is this a bug?

This has been this way as long as I can remember - and it can be frustrating! I've always meant to make a wish list post regarding that and other smart folder recommendations - but haven't gotten around to it.

-- shift studio.

Back