Path to textures and hdr erased !

Path to textures and hdr erased !

Hi,

I moved my Textures folder and then re-opened my Cheetah project, all the references to the textures and hdr were erased without any warning !
That is time lost to find which exact textures I used for which material (and hdr for the cams).

Did I do something wrong or is there room for improvement in Cheetah ?

Why would you move the texture files ? :
- The folder is getting too big and you want to move it to a HD with space available.
- You move your project to a faster dedicated machine for the rendering (as the paths are not relative the same problem occurs).

At least, the paths should not be erased to keep trace of the texture previously used.
At best, Cheetah could offer the user to re-map by hand the textures that have not been found, with their previous path as a reference (in case you use many textures, it might not be obvious that one is missing).

Again, tell me if I did or set-up something wrong.

Thanks

p*

Hi,
currently it's best if you have all your textures in the same folder (or in sub folders) of the .jas file. Then Cheetah3D will find your textures.

As long as you don't resave your .jas file the texture paths won't be lost. So just move back the textures and reopen the .jas file and everything will be fine.

A dialog/log window to ask/report the user for missing textures is already on my todo list. Sadly thetodo list is quite long. :(

Bye,
Martin

Back