One more thing....or two

One more thing....or two

Hi there!
I'm new to Cheetah and this forum - I just downloaded the demo of Cheetah yesterday, and I'm getting quite hooked.
Many times have I downloaded a trial of some big 3D app, and I've never been able to make anything else than a ball without color. I must say Cheetah is very simple and nice looking - great job, this doesn't look like patchwork programming :p

However, since I'm not a hardcore 3D-programmer, I think there is lacking something in the guides. You kinda have to be experienced in Cheetah to understand the manual - and that doesn't seem right :neutral:
Plus almost all the tutorials are from a previous version with things called "SuperMat" and "Pointlight"

Anyway, that's just the thoughts I had about it that I think will scare some potential customers off from this wonderful app. :)

To cut down to grass tax, there are two things I'm dealing with right now:

1. I can't seem to find out how the scripts work. I've downloaded the Object Track script, and I'm trying to get either a box or the camera to move.
How do I do that?
What I've tried is running the script, making a spline and making a box. Then I dragged the box and spline onto the "Object Track" in the Object browser (Spline on top) - then what?

2. I've been trying to make a simple beercan where I want a logo I've downloaded from the internet. But the applications won't let me place that icon where I want - it either goes all over the tube, or in the uttermost top :neutral:

Thanks,
Casper

Hi Casper,
There are lots of good tutorials on the forum, I'm sure you'll find what you need.
1. I can't seem to find out how the scripts work. I've downloaded the Object Track script, and I'm trying to get either a box or the camera to move.
How do I do that?
What I've tried is running the script, making a spline and making a box. Then I dragged the box and spline onto the "Object Track" in the Object browser (Spline on top) - then what?
Try the spline tracking object tag.
2. I've been trying to make a simple beercan where I want a logo I've downloaded from the internet. But the applications won't let me place that icon where I want - it either goes all over the tube, or in the uttermost top
There's a good tutorial on the tutorial forum all about making a beer bottle.

Hope this is some help.

Andrew:)

P.S. I have some tutorials on my site that may help, the link is below.

Hi,
thanks for your nice words.

Warnich said:
Plus almost all the tutorials are from a previous version with things called "SuperMat" and "Pointlight"

I'm sorry for that. I always try to keep the tutorial up to date. But sometimes I miss some spots.

Warnich said:
Anyway, that's just the thoughts I had about it that I think will scare some potential customers off from this wonderful app. :)

Your are right. So please tell me where you find such an outdated documentation and I will update it. Many thanks in advance.

Bye,
Martin

Back