archicad and cheetah3d

archicad and cheetah3d

Hi,

I am new cheetah user.

I'm trying to export Archicad models via the 3ds format into cheetah3d.

However I can't seem to get archicad camera to appear in cheetah.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

regards,

IAn

Hello Ian --

Welcome to the Forum.

Is there an option in ArchiCAD for 'Export Cameras' under .3ds options? That's the way SketchUp does it...

Although I notice the camera positions in Cheetah aren't the same as in SU --- they're always too low...

Thanks Tim,

no luck.

I tried saving the 3ds from archicad to 3dmax (camera openned ok)

When importing the 3dmax '3ds' to cheetah the same problem occurred.

Looks like the camera location and target is moved.

I have just been testing HDRI and some of the lighting tools in cheetah, we are very impressed.

However we are constantly revising our 3d models in Archicad so the 3ds camera export will be great if it can work.

It will be great if archicad could export a cheetah file just like artlantis, pirensi or electric image does.

thanks again

Ian

Hi,
the .3ds camera import is indeed sometimes not working correctly. The problem is it works for some of my .3ds files correctly while it failes for others. Very strange.:(

Bye,
Martin

martin,

thanks for the response.

I have only been testing the trial version and really appreciate cheetah's rendering ability. However the 3ds camera import is very important for our architectural photomontage work. It will great if it can be fixed :p :p .

kind regards,

Ian

Hi,
I can't promisse it yet since I've already invested some time to solve that problem. But the documenation of the 3ds file format is in some sports more than thin. What makes the situation so strange is the fact that it works for some .3ds files while it fails for others.

Could you possibly send my a 3ds file with camera and a screenshot of the scene where I can see where the camera has to be?

Bye,
Martin

Martin,

please see atatched 3ds and camera location in jpeg format.
regards

Ian

Attachments

• Camera location.3ds.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 341
  • TEST view.jpg
    TEST view.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 412
Hi,
thanks for the files. I gave the .3ds camera import feature another try and it looks like that it is working now. At least yours any my other .3ds file loaded correctly.:D

The bugfix will be in the next update.

Bye,
Martin

Back