Cheetah 3d English Manual Converted to PDF

Cheetah 3d English Manual Converted to PDF

Some people were asking again to have the new manual converted to pdf. So here's the English version. I will do a German version just like I did last time I converted v5. I will let the German users know when that has happened. I expect it will be done in the next 2 or 3 days probably. If anyone noticed out of order pages or any other anomalies, please let me know. The HTML does weird things with the page order and I had to fix that. I may have missed something. I can do the Japanese version if anyone wants, but I can't promise how the page ordering will turn out. I can't read the Kanji, so it's more difficult for me to re-order the pages.

English v6.3 Manual

I'll say this again too, I think podperson's guide is something everyone should consider buying also. I haven't bought it yet, but I will when it comes out for iBooks.

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8305

v7 beta 20 Manual now online

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you

Now I can put the manual on my iPad instead of flipping between it and the app to try the different features or look things up. Things will go a lot faster now.

Cool, hope everyone finds it useful. I think that's the reason most people want the help to have a pdf version. Now, I'm just waiting until I can get an iPad. :smile:

Reply to post

Thanks for taking the time to compile the manual in PDF form. Right now, the file reads '.pdf.zip'. Could you change the title of the download file so it has only the .zip extension. This might be the reason it won't decompress and open in iBooks on my iPad 2. ;-)

Hi gregvoth, I re-linked the pdf on my original post without any compression, as it’s not much larger anyway. I'm guessing you were downloading directly to the iPad? Please let me know if you still have any problems with it.

Bad link?

When I go to the PDF manual link I get:

"Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."

:(

Oops sorry! Not sure what happened there. I fixed it. I tested the link, but please let me know if you still have any problems.

Thanks!

The German version is now ready. I'll post it over in that section momentarily.

Thanks Swizl. I downloaded it directly to the iPad and it's now in my iBooks Library. The manual will certainly be nice to keep on the iPad for accessing anywhere - thanks for your effort.

Last edited:
I've updated the manual for v6.3. I was going to do 6.2 earlier, but figured by that time 6.3 was around the corner for release. Please let me know if there are any problems. I've removed the v6.1 from my DropBox, but I still have the file if anyone needs it. Just PM me if you do. I'm leaving the v5 ones I did a long time ago still in there. I've updated the link for downloading in my first post.

Thanks!

Simon

Hi Simon,
Looks like you need to check your link.

Ok, thanks for letting me know! Will try to copy and paste it again.

Edit - It seems the link was chopping off the https part when clicked on. Making it a link using the link tool fixed the problem. Again thanks for letting me know. I'll go check the German and Japanese version too to make sure they don't have the same problem.

Last edited:
:-D Swizl
It is most generous of you to share this with us. . . and you do it every time there is an update!
Thank you so much!

Jeanny

Thanks Swizl, you've done a great job with this :icon_thumbup:

I often refer to Cheetah help for a quick bit of info so this will be very useful.

Would agree that Tonio's book is a good buy, there's a lot of in-depth detail beyond that available from Cheetah help.

Cheers, Pat

You know that my book has been out for iBooks since it first came out :)

(Of course if you read the reviews in the iBooks store you probably won't buy it… Good grief.)

Back