Cheetah3D v6 is out

All things translucent. Jade, Marble, Milk, Wax, etc

Or to put it another way -- basically anything that isn't metal.

"All non-metallic materials are translucent to some degree." (But that's the guy who invented SSS so he has an axe to grind ;-) )

Yes, you can run both versions in parallel if you bought Cheetah3D via my webpage. If you bought Cheetah3D via the Mac App Store it is a little bit more complicated since the MAS overwrite the old version. So you first have to bring the old version at a save place where the MAS installer can't overwrite it.

Bye
Martin

Yes, I got this to work fine. Upgrade was completely transparent ( I bought 5.8 a few months back from the C3D website ).

Having some fun playing with the new version. Cheers

I really don't have much time these days to "play" with Cheetah (and i regret it, perhaps i'll be able to upgrade, even if i can't use it, just to thank Martin for his great software and stimulate him to improve Cheetah in the future ! :) ), but i wanted to say congratulations on what seems to be a great release, so Congrats Martin and keep up the very good work with Cheetah !
I must say that i really like the new design of the website as well, much more modern looking.
And finally i hope your sales on the Mac App Store are doing well as i have seen Cheetah in the featured applications on the front page ! :icon_thumbup:

So not much time but i did a small animation with particles on 5.8 just to remember the good time i have had using Cheetah, hoping i'll have time to use it more often in the future and post one or two renders done with it ! :)

Cheetah Particles on Vimeo

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Hi Laurent,
thank you very much and very nice movie. I'm looking forward to see you more often in the forum again.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Thanks guys, but the guy to be complimented is Martin for his great 3D app ! :icon_thumbup:
Although i don't really have time to use it very often, each time i can "play" with it i find it fun to use and the results are always cool.

The release of Cheetah 6 seems to be really good and the annoucement Martin did in the other thread regarding 6.x releases is really interesting for the future of the app ! (with a preference for render enhancements, but i'm always biased toward render enhancements, so... :wink: )

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Back