Connect points

Connect points

Hi all,
I have a little problem. I want to connect two points of an object. Which tool can do this ? Is there a tool ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 561
Hi,
I your case the "Create polygon" tool might also help since it looks like that you want to attach a polygon to your object.

Bye,
Martin

Since it is somewhat related to the topic:

Can I change the coords of selected point(s) directly? I now how I can do this for entire objects, but for points??

What about a "Snap-to-point" feature like the one in SketchUp (when you use a tool in point mode and move into a certain range of a point it gets highlighted. If the user presses the button now, this point is used)?

regards,
Alexander

warosier@mac.com said:
The weld tool might work. Read about in the Cheetah3D Help files. :cool:
Reading the Help might help, but this tool doesn't connect two point, it welds two points to one ...

@martin:
The "Create Polygon" works, but i can't select the right point ( see image ). It isn't highlighted if the mouse is over. Normal selecting this point has no problems ...

mac4ever said:
The "Create Polygon" works, but i can't select the right point ( see image ). It isn't highlighted if the mouse is over. Normal selecting this point has no problems ...

Hi,
sorry that I didn't look closer to your mesh. It looks like you have a zero area polygon. The autohighlight feature has problems with points of such zero area polygons. But as you already said it is possible to select such a point with the select tool.
Now select that point with the select tool and delete it. The zero area polygon will be deleted too. Now you can build up the mesh with the "Create Polygon" tool again.

In general you should always try to avoid creating polygons which have no area.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. If that still doesn't solve your problem please email me the mesh. Then I can have a more in detail look into it.

Martin said:
Hi,
In general you should always try to avoid creating polygons which have no area.

It was an error by user ;) I have deleted some points and areas, but there were also 2 edges delete I won't delete. After some time the maximum undo was reaches ;)

Back