Regal Cinema, Minehead

Regal Cinema, Minehead

This was a render that I had published (very small) in 3DWorld's Architectural Visualization supplement. I couldn't post it here until the mag came out. Modelled in SketchUp, rendered (using Smart Folders) in Cheetah.

I would also like to say that this was a uni project from 1995. I did not rip off Herzog & DeMeuron!

Attachments

• Regal_Final_1024.jpg
    Regal_Final_1024.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 887
And here are some smaller, rougher interiors. The lighting that I needed for the exterior shot completely washes out the HDRI when viewed fro the interior.

Also, I must get a nice diffuse metal texture for the lifts. Maybe we should set up a Texture Library here on the forum. Martin?

Attachments

• Regal_Final_1_1024.jpg
    Regal_Final_1_1024.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 870
  • Regal_Final_2_1024.jpg
    Regal_Final_2_1024.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 888
Those are some stunning renders Tim!!! Is this mag an online magazine or is it on paper? It sounds interesting. As for a texture library, I'm in!

Regards,

Peter

Really nice Tim. I would agree that a nice metal texture on the lifts would really enhance the images. The green tint of the scene (windows) bothers me a bit, but what can you do about that?

I like your ability to model complex scenes which retain clarity of vision.

Hi Tim,
wow that looks amazing. Fantastic. :D

And thank you very much again that you made Cheetah3D into the "3D world" mag. :D :D That really helps to make Cheetah3D public.

Bye,
Martin

Thanks for the kind words...

Jake -- I was right about my 'meeting' on Wednesday...

Hmm...something I've just noticed...all the chrome surfaces seem to be suffering from 'depth fighting' --- like there are two surfaces occupying the same space in the model.

I've checked, and there is only one mesh and material in the model. Any ideas on what to do? The model is an FBX in a Smart Folder, BTW.

Attachments

• Regal_Final_1_1024_Markup.jpg
    Regal_Final_1_1024_Markup.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 811
Too bad about the meeting.

I'm sure you have looked to make sure the normals are not flipped right? Are you sure you don't have duplicate instances of those details on other layers in SketchUp? It's also possible you have duplicates on the same layer. Try highlighting one of those details and deleting to see what's left behind. Groups sometimes get pretty goofy in SketchUp. If all else fails exploding that layer might expose problems.

Back