Minor v5.7 bug...

Minor v5.7 bug...

Doubt this is unique to v5.7 but just noticed that changing rotation via the rotation gizmo about the X axis, updates the middle Rotation (Y) value in the inspector.

This seems inconsistent. If Position XYZ then Rotation should be rotation _about_ XYZ as well.

And rotating about the Y axis updates the X parameter; seems they're flipped?

Doubt this is unique to v5.7 but just noticed that changing rotation via the rotation gizmo about the X axis, updates the middle Rotation (Y) value in the inspector.

This seems inconsistent. If Position XYZ then Rotation should be rotation _about_ XYZ as well.

And rotating about the Y axis updates the X parameter; seems they're flipped?

Hi,
These values are Heading, Pitch and Bank and not rotating about the XYZ axes

Hi,
These values are Heading, Pitch and Bank and not rotating about the XYZ axes

That makes sense, tho the inspector is not labeled as such. Given that, it would make more sense as Pitch, Heading, Bank, no? To coincide with the position & scale values order XYZ?

I agree! This stumped me when I started with C3D. I thought X & Y were around the wrong way.

A lot of 3D libs and IDEs have rotation as XYZ, which is the same as PHB.

Would be a nice 'preferences' option to rearrange UI order here (or at least have a label as a reminder). I'm sure a lot of C3D owners use it in partnership with something like Unity, and the quick switch back & forth can get a little confusing. (Would also be nice to have arrows showing global +- on axes to make it easy to create mesh orientation in sync with chosen 3D runtime environment.)

Just my two (IMF-approved) clam-shells' worth.

Hi,
sorry I forgot to answer that question. When you move the mouse cursor over the rotation values you will get a tooltip telling the the name of the rotation coordinate.

Support for the XYZ rotation order is something I'm already working on since quite some time. Although just at a low priority. So it will still take some time until it is finished.

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Cheetah3DSchnappschuss001.jpg
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss001.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Cheetah3DSchnappschuss002.jpg
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss002.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Cheetah3DSchnappschuss003.jpg
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss003.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 274
Thanks for this explanation. I've been using these controls more often lately to adjust the camera, but also heavily use the camera icons, which are quick to reach compared to having to find the right keys on the keyboard to adjust them, as the number pad already has my hotkeys assigned to it for other things, like welding, transform, select, select all, scapel, snap on/snap off, play/stop, etc...

This is my fault ;-) -- for years I pestered Martin to put them all on one line instead of one line per value, which reduced the space for captions.

Back