Compositing On To A Photo...

Compositing On To A Photo...

I just posted a video tutorial onto my vimeo channel showing beginners how to go about compositing their 3D work onto a photograph in C3D. It's a bit rough around the edges but hopefully it will help someone out there...

http://vimeo.com/23384904

Hi Anothervenue,

No it was just an ordinary jpg, the same one that I used for the background. Not ideal for reflective surfaces but gives off the right kind of light for objects that don't need strong reflections.

Last edited:
Thanks!:icon_thumbup:

And here is my "Fry" try :cool:
Did the lightning with a quick panorama shot ( jpg ) of our living room.

What do you think ?

Attachments

• foto_und_3d_v2_web.jpg
    foto_und_3d_v2_web.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 611
Thanks!:icon_thumbup:

And here is my "Fry" try :cool:
Did the lightning with a quick panorama shot ( jpg ) of our living room.

What do you think ?

nice living... and well done composition too. you're just missing some reflection on the wood table... (need to fake it in PS... would be cool to have a dedicated "ReflectionMat" for it :rolleyes: *hint*)

cheers,
Alessandro

The problem with a "reflection mat" is going to be what it reflects. To fake a simple reflection (as here) you'd want to render a reflection onto a black surface as a separate image and composite it additively onto the surface. In general it's going to be hard to provide a "one size fits all" solution.

The real obstacle to doing this stuff quickly in C3D is the lack of control over shadows / sun geometry in the "sky light" (I'd love to be able to make the "sun" bigger in reflections and to cast soft shadows, just for example).

Back