Texture Overlay Tutorial

Texture Overlay Tutorial

Hi all, I just published a new tutorial about overlaying textures in Cheetah3D, using nodes. You can find it in my blog. I hope it's useful, let me know if there are any ways to improve it, or if you have any suggestion. Here's the fina result:
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Texture Overlay Tutorial.jpg
    Texture Overlay Tutorial.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 837
Nice tutorial (and nice blog too).

There's a more general underlying technique which is to use a mask channel as a "switch" between sets of qualities. There's a big underlying problem which is that we can't switch out entire shaders using a node (so you end up needing a whole bunch of "switch" nodes and you're limited to one shader, which usually means the material shader).

Merci Andreu!

Yet another usefull tutorial.

P.S.: I added your blog to my blogroll
;-)
Thanks! I'll add yours to mine—after I create a blogroll :)

Nice tutorial (and nice blog too).

There's a more general underlying technique which is to use a mask channel as a "switch" between sets of qualities. There's a big underlying problem which is that we can't switch out entire shaders using a node (so you end up needing a whole bunch of "switch" nodes and you're limited to one shader, which usually means the material shader).
Thanks! Totally see where you're coming from here, pod. The ability to mix several shaders would be awesome.

Back