Render time

Render time

Hello Martin, Is it possible to change the render time in minutes instead of seconds? I have rendering that exceeds the 6000 sec. It is not easy to convert in minutes or hours without a calculator. Thank's for answer.

Hi,
I've tried a different format but I personally don't like that so I will probably stay with the seconds. Sorry.

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Cheetah3DSchnappschuss002.jpg
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss002.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 220
I personally prefer C4D's 'X minutes X seconds' approach, seems very illogical to work in a seconds value over 60 when this is rarely used anywhere else in life

I had a render that I cancelled a few hours ago that reached 11500 seconds. Whilst this issue is of minor importance, I also agree that when dealing with these sorts of times, a figure like 11500 seconds is quite hard to get your head around - 192 minutes or 3 hours and 12 minutes just seems easier to conceptualize.

Lots more important things to keep Martin busy though ............. :rolleyes:

hehe...it would be nice to have an hour, minutes, seconds version^^.

just had another thing coming in mind when reading all your thoughts: what about a pre-calculated render time? :mrgreen: :tongue:
don´t know if this is possible or even worth it...but sometimes it would help a lot to see how long a render approximately will take^^...additionally to render time.

could it be something left to user choice, with an option in the preferences?

It wouldn't take to long until you can't find anything anymore in the preferences window if everything becomes customizable.

I think a preferences property like "time format in render manager" is a little bit preferences over kill for a 3D modeler.:wink:

Bye
Martin

Back