wireframe material with transparency.

wireframe material with transparency.

Please see attached diagram.

Can anyone tell me how I can make the black/colour 0 go away?
So when I save as a .tiff, i'm left with the blue wireframe, and all else is transparent?
(right now the background is transparent)

Thanks,
--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• wireframe.jpg
    wireframe.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 356
Plug the wire node into the transparency of the material. If needed, invert the colors (via a gradient node, for instance). Also, don't forget to check the IOR for the transparency (1.0 would most likely be needed here).

Plug the wire node into the transparency of the material. If needed, invert the colors (via a gradient node, for instance). Also, don't forget to check the IOR for the transparency (1.0 would most likely be needed here).

Thanks Andreu! I was kinda working my way towards that, but didn't think about the IOR.

Much appreciated.
--Shift Studio.

IOR is the 'Index of Refraction'. As I understand it determines how the light bounces around inside a transparent material.
You set it in Material properties under 'Transparency'

--Shift Studio.

Thanks guys. How does this work? How do you know if it needs adjusting?

If you have a single pane (Gel light-> diapositiv or alpha mapped polygons) turn it off - otherwise the scene behind gets distorted/shifted.
If your making glass or other translucent materials model the stuff and set the approbate IoR of that material.

Cheers
Frank

trivial to most but...

This is what I needed to do. Makes sense now, but wasn't really obvious for me.

The blue in the first node becomes the colour of the wireframe.

--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• wireframe-trans.jpg
    wireframe-trans.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 176
The interesting thing about the wire material is that it mimics real geometry on parametric objects - that means you can keyframe every parameter and the shader will carry on.
This is made just from a parametric box:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• WiredBoxSmall.mov.zip
    182.9 KB · Views: 207
  • WiredBox.jpg
    WiredBox.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 207
The interesting thing about the wire material is that it mimics real geometry on parametric objects - that means you can keyframe every parameter and the shader will carry on.
This is made just from a parametric box:

Cheers
Frank

very cool! Thanks for showing it. I'm excited to try more and more things, including animation someday.

--Shift Studio.

Back