UV mapper acting weird

UV mapper acting weird

My UV editor has started acting weird. When I have Only selection checked and then I select my polys, the texture I need to map gets put below the lower number textures. The only way to see it then is to turn off the tags for the lower selection numbers. But even then, now it doesn't seem to be holding it's place, as when I turn the UV mapper off after writing coords, it goes all goofy.
These are textures being mapped to a subdivide modified plane, using creases to enforce hard edges on the textures.

My UV editor has started acting weird. When I have Only selection checked and then I select my polys, the texture I need to map gets put below the lower number textures. The only way to see it then is to turn off the tags for the lower selection numbers. But even then, now it doesn't seem to be holding it's place, as when I turn the UV mapper off after writing coords, it goes all goofy.
I´d say map it without subdivision modifier enabled or make it editable first.

These are textures being mapped to a subdivide modified plane, using creases to enforce hard edges on the textures.
Do you really need creases for that?

Cheers
Frank

The plane is being used as a city block.You know how on the corners, it isnt a sharp angle, but rounded. The subdivide is used for the rounding of an extruded
square out of the plane. The creases are used to define the edges. I suppose that this is a lazy way of dealing with it, but it keeps the poly count down. Also a modeled curb might look too uniform and neat. Any alternative ideas to modeling and texturing curbs and city streets would be welcome.

I suppose that this is a lazy way of dealing with it, but it keeps the poly count down.
But it doesn´t instead.
Also a modeled curb might look too uniform and neat. Any alternative ideas to modeling and texturing curbs and city streets would be welcome.

I´d make a few well textured tiles layout via copy&paste&snap. For a more uneven look I may add a bump or normal map.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• PavementPuzzle.jpg
    PavementPuzzle.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 190
Hi,
the UV mapper only UVmaps the base mesh of a mesh which is influences by modifiers. So first UV map the base mesh or the Cage mesh in case of subdivion surfaces and then apply the modifiers.

Bye
Martin

Frank- could you upload the file for your pavement puzzle? Also should I join together all the pieces before I texture it? Thanks!

Back