more tutorial vids?

more tutorial vids?

A question for Martin. I purchased the Andrew Heyworth tutorials and they where SUPER helpful! (I recommend them for anyone who's getting there feet wet with cheetah). Any plans to put out more videos covering some of the newer features?

A question for Martin. I purchased the Andrew Heyworth tutorials and they where SUPER helpful! (I recommend them for anyone who's getting there feet wet with cheetah). Any plans to put out more videos covering some of the newer features?
First off, thank you. This forum is such a great place to find out about all the latest features of C3D, so first place to check is the forum. As for stuff that I've produced, have a look at the vimeo link in my signature. I like to video things that were a headache for me but a quick video to illustrate a question asked on the forum can be found to. Do you just want a quick recap of features added since 5.2?

Andrew

Last edited:
Sorry to highjack Andrew, but I know I would like that
Erin
Hi Erin, don't see any hijacking going on here. :D I'll give it a go and try to make a video that covers the new stuff added in the point releases (that's a lot of stuff).:D

Andrew

What I find myself having the hardest time with is the node editor. It would be great to have a big drawn-out session on how different nodes should be used. I have some basic idea of what some of the nodes do and how to string them together to make up all sorts of shaders, but the majority is completely foreign to me. Any recommended resources on this particular topic?

What I find myself having the hardest time with is the node editor. It would be great to have a big drawn-out session on how different nodes should be used. I have some basic idea of what some of the nodes do and how to string them together to make up all sorts of shaders, but the majority is completely foreign to me. Any recommended resources on this particular topic?

I'm afraid it's a trial & error learning process ATM... what I found really useful is studying other users' materials like those you can find in the "decorated pig" thread (gallery section)...
oh, and ask here if you need any help :smile:

cheers,
Alessandro

Back