Simplest way to make a hose?

Simplest way to make a hose?

The top example came from the Help file and shows one sweep two spline profiles and one spline path to make a thick walled hose. Seems simple but, try as I might the only way I can create the same thick walled hose is by the example at the bottom. What detail am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Hi irev.
The thing is simple, but Martin forgot to say:
You will need a "combined path" like the letter "O".
You can also add a second spline to your first one via "import-children" from the tools-menu. If you want the inner spline drilling a hole into the outer spline select it´s points by groupselecting them and reverse it´s sequence via "Tools-> Splines ->....". Voilá
With kindest regards
Frank

Hi Frank

You were absolutely right, it is very simple. Thanks for your time and assistance. I love this software.

P.S. Hamlet Church yard rocked!!!

Best regards

Hi irev.
thanx for your kind words. There´s a whole story behind the scene, if you´re involved and had a closer look to Jorick´s eye (the skull). It´s done with Cheetah3d2.6.1, otherwise I would have light up some colors - so it has become a nice compromise.

Frank

Free the G4!

Hi Frank

Was well aware of your color limitations, but still think it was the best. Somebody has to have a G4 sitting around collecting dust and willing to liberate just for shipping charges. Maybe that somebody’s listening. Free the G4! :D

Martins away, wonder what kind of trouble we can get into here? ;)

Best regards

Back