Help with a Plane - Newbie Questions - Time Crunch

Help with a Plane - Newbie Questions - Time Crunch

Okay, I had a guy that worked for me that loved 3D stuff. We bought Cheetah3D for him and he did some great stuff with it.

He's no longer with us and I am tasked with creating a new 3D animation and know nothing at all about this software. I'm probably going to get the Cheetah tutorials and go through them when I have time, but right now I need to finish this project... I'm pretty sure I can handle the actual animation if someone can help me set it up correctly.

To emulate a brochure I need to have two planes that have a different material on each side of the plane. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to setup the plane to have a different material on each side. I can get one on there and it's on one side correctly and backwards on the other side. How can I set this up correctly?

Also, I need to change the anchor point of the plane - the point from which it scales and rotates - so that I can emulate the brochure as a folded piece of paper from two separate planes... How do I go about that?

Thanks for the help guys - I hope to actually be able to use this to make some pretty useful animations one day, but for now I gotta crank out this (hopefully) simple brochure.

Okay, I actually think I have most of this. I used Shell to make the plane have some thickness and I was able to move the anchor point. The only real issue I have now (I think) is how one adjusts the thickness generated by the shell tool... There doesn't seem to be much detail in the help file.

Okay, I actually think I have most of this. I used Shell to make the plane have some thickness and I was able to move the anchor point. The only real issue I have now (I think) is how one adjusts the thickness generated by the shell tool... There doesn't seem to be much detail in the help file.
Hi.
To adjust the thickness click&drag instead of just click. This will let you define thickness on one or the other side - if it´s the other side indicated by poly getting dark - select all and "flip normals".
Here are already some "page turning" threads in the forum:
http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25568#post25568
http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29410&postcount=10
And more I think.

Cheers
Frank

Back