Cheetah3D 3.2 Beta 3

Cheetah3D 3.2 Beta 3

Hi,
here is the third beta of 3.2. That version is actually identical to 3.2b2. I only fixed the problem with the disappearding icons. Sorry for the "bad" 3.2b2 beta.

Download link:
http://cheetah3d.com/download/Cheetah3D3.2b3.dmg

But please be aware that this is beta software.

Please post all your experiences with this beta version in this forum thread.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

By,
Martin

Double Help Menus

Beta 3.2.3 has two Help menus. (So do Betas 3.2.1 and 3.2.2) This is with OS 10.4.6 on a Dual 2.5GHz G5.

Attachments

• Cheetah3D-3.2beta.jpg
    Cheetah3D-3.2beta.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Hi,
that is very starnge. Do you get these double Help menus from start up or does the second appear after some time?

I've testet Cheetah3D on PPC and Intel under 10.4.6 but I only get one help menu.

Has anybody else the same problem?

By,
Martin

Hi,
I still can't reproduce it :cry: I only have one help menu.

What entries are in the menu. Are they identical? Do the menu items of both menus work?

Many thank for your help in advance.

By,
Martin

No timeline...

Martin said:
Hi,
I still can't reproduce it :cry: I only have one help menu.

Dear Martin

this beta all works fine by me and I only have one help menu !?

hold on...I've just opened the beta again and lost the timeline ?

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
luke Bocchinelli said:
this beta all works fine by me and I only have one help menu !?

I'm happy to hear that.

luke Bocchinelli said:
hold on...I've just opened the beta again and lost the timeline ?

Does clicking the "Open Timeline" toolbar item (the Stop watch) bring it back? Maybe you've accidentally clicked on that icon and hided the timeline.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Hi,
that is very starnge. Do you get these double Help menus from start up or does the second appear after some time?

I've testet Cheetah3D on PPC and Intel under 10.4.6 but I only get one help menu.

Has anybody else the same problem?

By,
Martin

The double Help menus appear from the start. The drop-down-lists in the menus are not exactly the same. The first one has a Help and a Forum link. The second has only a Help link (or item). Incidentally, this phenomenon has been reported in some Mac forums for one or two other applications (not Cheetah), and I seem to recall an explanation given somewhere for it and that it could/would be corrected. If I locate the discussion or other application(s) I will post it (or them).

Simm

Attachments

• HelpMenus.jpg
    HelpMenus.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Double Help Menus

I've found the other application that had double menus (or at least another one): the latest QuickTime Player! As I recall it is the result of a confict between some other program and the QT Player. I think the site Macintouch.com had some discussion of it, but I haven't located the article yet.

Simm

Attachments

• QuickTimePlayer.jpg
    QuickTimePlayer.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Hi Simm,
thanks for the additional information. I'm actually relieved that it is not a pure Cheetah3D problem. I already assumed that it must be a OS problem since I didn't add this second help menu. Cocoa adds this menu automatically which is very strange.

My Mac QT Player only has one Help menu.

Searching a developers forum I found the source of the double help menu problem.

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2005/11/21/150757

"If you application uses QuickTime and you have one of the DivX codecs
in your system, then this could be the reason. It's a known
incompatibility of that codec with Mac OS X 10.4."

Do you have DivX installed?

So it is probably not a Cheetah3D problem.

By,
Martin

YES! Downloading and installing Divx 6 did the trick. I have only one help item.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Martin

Both Beta 2 and 3 work flawlessly for me. Cheetah 3D is as rock solid as ever. Besides all the other additions I really like having the ‘light type’ choices in the Properties window now. Much more intuitive. Thanks.

Best regards

Double Help Menus

Thank you Martin and peer. I have installed DivX 6 and eliminated the double Help menu.

Simm

Hi,
that was definitively the strangest bug I've ever seen. A Quicktime plug-in which creates a second help menu. :(

Luckily DivX 6 solved the problem. :D

By,
Martin

Back