Cheetah3D 5.6 preview

Well the preview videos look great and the features mentioned by Martin sound like real workflow improvements so I'm a happy camper. I'll just be happy to see 5.6.

Andrew

This thread seems to have turned into a bit of a personal wish list. I'd suggest that we keep those on the wish list forum. 5.6 hasn't been released yet and we don't know everything that will be included and from what I can tell Martin already has enough on his plate getting this release completed

This thread seems to have turned into a bit of a personal wish list. I'd suggest that we keep those on the wish list forum. 5.6 hasn't been released yet and we don't know everything that will be included and from what I can tell Martin already has enough on his plate getting this release completed
I totally agree :wink:

Wow! ... Wow! ... Wow! ...

Snapping Woooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

This is going to be a grand update, I can't sleep to get my hands on it!!! 5.6 looks pure awesome.

I am gonna have so much FUN! :D :D :D :D :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Last edited:
re: Magic TrackPad

Granted, I skimmed the instructions but thought the software would already be installed with the 10.6.4 update. I installed the software and it definitely helped track pad ease of use and engaged a number of features. The TrackPad is the first hardware I've purchased that came with no install disk. The pressure you have to provide to engage the bottom buttons is a bit too much, but scrolling now works in Safari.

Now, if Apple could come out with a drawing stylus and pressure sensitivity... wishful thinking. I hate how earlier Wacom tools don't work with newer models and vice versa.

Awesome

I'm a new user, and Cheetah3d is very intuitive. Thanks for the great product.

I'm coming from the world of architecture and 3d Studio Max/Viz. I'd love to see more world-space snapping, like snap to grid and angle (rotation) snap.

Thanks!

Noobie To c3d not to 3D

Finally took the plunge and purchased my licence to Cheetah 3D and am playing around with it, kicking the tires and slamming the doors so to speak.

Threads like this is one reason why I bought c3d -- the constant tweaking and improvement (not to mention new features) that Martin puts into his brainchild. I appreciate that.

And 5.6 looks sweet,btw.

Finally took the plunge and purchased my licence to Cheetah 3D and am playing around with it, kicking the tires and slamming the doors so to speak.

There's a purchase you won't regret Mike!

5.6 should be landing anytime soon so it's only gonna get better too!

I'm a new user, and Cheetah3d is very intuitive. Thanks for the great product.

I'm coming from the world of architecture and 3d Studio Max/Viz. I'd love to see more world-space snapping, like snap to grid and angle (rotation) snap.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum!
look forward to see some more cheetah archiviz ;)

welcome cartoonMike

Hi Martin,

I was wondering if the new snap to surface could also work on the create polygon tool...
If that were the case, it could maybe serve as a basic retopology tool and that would be a very powerfull addition for Cheetah in my opinion :smile:

a bit like this:http://vimeo.com/8028745
I use this feature in 3d-coat often to reduce the polygon count of complex (scanned or scupted) objects manualy...

Filip

Last edited:
I'm not sure I particularly understood the point of that video, but a snap-to upon creation would definitely safe steps. Otherwise, you may find yourself creating, then selecting, then moving to snap.

That won't be possible in 5.6 but that is indeed a very nice and helpful feature. I will keep it in mind for a future update.

Bye
Martin

What already wil work in 5.6 is placing a polygon, edge cover and drag&snap via "sticky key" - means holding down ctrl-key while dragging any kind of component without selecting it in first place - super cool.:cool: :cool:

Cheers
Frank

5.6 is surely due to land imminently, think it's been about 14 days now (not that I'm counting or anything!)

5.6 is surely due to land imminently, think it's been about 14 days now (not that I'm counting or anything!)

ssst... be quit :smile:
Don't rush Martin
The more time he needs to finish this release, the more he might be putting into it :wink:

What already wil work in 5.6 is placing a polygon, edge cover and drag&snap via "sticky key" - means holding down ctrl-key while dragging any kind of component without selecting it in first place - super cool.:cool: :cool:

Control-clicking brings up the context menu for me. I'm not sure how to get this to work.

Back