Carpet Texture

Carpet Texture

Hi folks!

I have trouble texturing stairs with a carpet texture.
Each time I have pretty bad results... :(
Any idea someone?

HD:
Stairs : http://db.tt/AlaxF76
Texture: http://db.tt/AlaxF76

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,570
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2,657
if you got a seamless carpet texture, I think a simple cubic UV map should do the trick (select object or polygons, assign material, call tools/UV/UVmapper and tune to taste... remember to write UVs before exiting)

cheers,
A

I did one stair from a cylinder. It´s unwrapping is pretty straight forward. Your texture needs some work: tile able/unwarp and evenly layout color balance.
Here´s a quick render with 4 stairs and the wall.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• CarpetStairs.jpeg
    CarpetStairs.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,621
Making a tiling texture is covered in this tutorial.

(To even out lighting you can use Photoshop's Other > Highpass... filter (which evens out low frequency data from an image, effectively evening out lighting.)

Attached is a (greyscale) 2 minute hack job I did.

Attachments

• carpet_512x512.jpg
    carpet_512x512.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 7,642
Wow!

You guys just rock!

Thanks for the UV unwraping trick AND the seamless texture. Seems to work pretty well! thank you A LOT!

Then I have a stupid question. Is there an easy option to duplicate steps easily? (like 'Arraw' would do it... but what about the horinzontal displacement?)

Attachments

• stairs2.jpg
    stairs2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,425
  • stairs3.jpg
    stairs3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,479
Then I have a stupid question. Is there an easy option to duplicate steps easily? (like 'Arraw' would do it... but what about the horinzontal displacement?)

I´d use the Chain-creator and a spline for it - draw a spline with 2 points, throw it into the chain creator and make further adjustments.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• StairViaChain.jpeg
    StairViaChain.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,307
podperson; (To even out lighting you can use Photoshop's Other > Highpass... filter (which evens out low frequency data from an image said:
Thanks Tonio. I didn't know this. It will come in very handy!
Erin

Back