request: waving flag with bones

request: waving flag with bones

hi everyone,

i need a script for the following setup:

click to enlarge

the flag should wave quite naturally and the animation should be loopable. this is for a game engine which does not support morphs, only bone animation, so i cannot use the one script that has been posted before.

if you could script me that one or point me in the right direction, i would be very happy. thanks in advance.

hi everyone,

i need a script for the following setup:

click to enlarge

the flag should wave quite naturally and the animation should be loopable. this is for a game engine which does not support morphs, only bone animation, so i cannot use the one script that has been posted before.

if you could script me that one or point me in the right direction, i would be very happy. thanks in advance.

Hi,
You could do it by adding an IK tag (with a target) to the last bone. Then move the target and record various positions. Add a start and an end pose to be able to loop easily. You might have to move manually some bones for a smooth effect.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 631
thanks, this looks good indeed, but is not perfect, as the bones further back in the chain mostly stay in line and need manual tuning. plus it's unreal to apply a force at the tip of the flag, when the wind comes from the other side.

Back