List of rendering resolutions.

List of rendering resolutions.

Have a definable list of Output render resolutions, choosable from a drop-down list, rather than the width and height edit boxes Cheetah3D has now.

An additional option could also include percentage of the entered resolution e.g. 50%, 200%.

This allows you to quickly switch between render sizes, say for when you are working and then for production.

Have a definable list of Output render resolutions, choosable from a drop-down list, rather than the width and height edit boxes Cheetah3D has now.

An additional option could also include percentage of the entered resolution e.g. 50%, 200%.

This allows you to quickly switch between render sizes, say for when you are working and then for production.

You can have as many cameras as you want in a file with different settings. Save that file and import into your scene when required. Active one particular one when necessary. That's even quicker than a drop-down list

But having may camera introduces a maintenance burden. If you change a setting for one camera (e.g. tweak radiosity settings) then you have to do it for all your cameras, otherwise you will get different results when you switch cameras. Making it slower than having a drop-down list :)

I agree having a quick way to (temporarily) change render settings would be useful when making test-renders before the final shots: maybe we could have and additional "Render Preview" button that use the current camera settings (-> for final render purpose) corrected following user's specific settings: resolution at 50%, 25% etc, radiosity samples at 50%, 25% etc. and so on...
I think this would be better than making a copy of the "final render" camera(s)
and tweak each parameter (many times), like we're doing at the moment.

side note: wow SJB, in a day of subscription you started more wish-list threads than many of us have done in a year or so... nothing personal (please don't take this in a bad way :smile: ) and welcome to the forum, BTW

cheers,
Alessandro

But having may camera introduces a maintenance burden. If you change a setting for one camera (e.g. tweak radiosity settings) then you have to do it for all your cameras, otherwise you will get different results when you switch cameras. Making it slower than having a drop-down list :)

Not really as you can use several smartfolder calling the same jas file that has 1 camera and a light + required tags. Those smartfolders can be placed anywhere in your scene. Then if you change the original file (e.g. tweak radiosity settings) and save, all your cameras will be updated

Not really as you can use several smartfolder calling the same jas file that has 1 camera and a light + required tags. Those smartfolders can be placed anywhere in your scene. Then if you change the original file (e.g. tweak radiosity settings) and save, all your cameras will be updated

Hey Francois,
that's a neat trick indeed... never thought to use SF for camera objects. Thanks for sharing :icon_thumbup:

But doesn't that mean that as you work on different projects, all with different camera settings, you get a proliferation of jas files for the cameras?

And, if I need to set up another resolution, even just for a test, then I need to make a copy of the file and tweak the resolution?

It seems like a lot of effort to achieve quite a simple result - it is certainly not as easy, either to set up or maintain, as having a drop-down list of resolutions :)

wow SJB, in a day of subscription you started more wish-list threads than many of us have done in a year or so... nothing personal (please don't take this in a bad way ) and welcome to the forum, BTW

Thanks!
I have lots of suggestions - this is just the tip of the iceberg :)
Back in the day I used to do a lot of work in LightWave, so as I am playing around with Cheetah3D I am finding things that I miss, and ways of working that I got used to.
I hope people don't get offended if I post lots of suggestions - or defend my point-of-view - I don't mean any disrespect to Cheetah3D. It's a nice app, but there are things _I_ would like to see changed or implemented (not that I have any expectation that they will be - but if you don't ask...).

Last edited:
Back