Smooth Camera Movement

Smooth Camera Movement

Hi, I am new to Cheetah3D and have a question about animation. I keyframed a camera around an object and when it changes direction the change is abrupt. Also the start and stop. Is there a way to ease in and out? Also smooth the change in direction? I hope this makes sense. Here is a link to the animation (very quick render).

http://thechurchonthehill.com/paradigm1.mov

Thanks, Todd

F-Curve Editor...

Dear Todd

I think you need to experiment with the F-curve editor which you can read up on in the help files. I'm no expert here but I have made smooth camera sweeps using this function, I'm sure some of the other guys in the forum can elaborate more on the fine tunning.

Nice movie...

Regards

Luke B

Animation Bug?

Thanks Luke, that is exactly what I am looking for! However I can't seem to get into the F-Curve editor. Here is a screen shot and in the bottom left area there isn't a "Key" icon or an "F-Curve" icon to click per the documentation. Any thoughts.

I am running a purchased copy of Cheetah3D 3.1 on a G4 Powerbook / Tiger 10.4.5

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture-1.png
    Picture-1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 588
The hidden F-curve editor

the docs are wrong when it comes to finding the f-curve editor. the part where it says to click on the key icon... ignore it. instead control click on the title of the "key editor" and choose the f-curve editor from the menu

Todd

Hi, Todd.

if you want an animation that camera rotate around a some object with zoom in and out, you try to use rotating folder has zooming camera as a child. it makes smooth rotation, but it has limitation that you can't check preview animation on 3D view.

please check sample jas file and movie.

rotating animation sample (h.264 600kb)

regards.

tg_jp

Attachments

• cameraRotate.jas.zip
    7 KB · Views: 480
Thanks tg_jp

Thank you, I have used your suggestion on my file and it worked perfectly. I appreciate your help, it has saved me a lot of time. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

Todd

Back