LuxCheetah - exporter script for LuxRender

fantastic Hiroto!

i don't plan to use Lux very often (due to his biblic render time...) but this is definitely a "must have" in my toolset... thank you!

I'm going to do some test and let you know if I find any problem

Cheers,
Alessandro

Hi Hiroto!

i've tried exporting some .jas scene to Lux and worked fine... but when i tried the "RenderTestFile" used to test cpu speed in another thread i got this js error:

"line: 932
Object.getParameter() couldn't find parameter called axis"

hope it helps...

great work so far on this exporter :icon_thumbup:

Cheers,
Alessandro

hello, thank you for testing.

the scene of rendertestfile.jas has old light object ( 2 Pointlights ), it causes that error. so, I will fix that problem in future release. thank you for your helps.

these are latest renders.

lux_20090720_room.jpg

lux_20090720_roomrl.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Little test using a nice bathroom scene posted by someone (Luke?) some times ago...

no changes have been made in the C3D scene - no property tweak in Lux (only opened the scene + exported to .lxs + hit "render" and... wait!)

shots: LuxRender after 10min (1) 100 min (2) and 150min (3)
Cheetah after 10min (4)

rendered on MBP unibody core2duo@2.4GHz/4Gb (1200x600)

next step: try playing around with light and render properties

the thanks are all up to you, Hiroto... YOU did the hard work:wink:

Cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• Bathroom@10min.jpg
    Bathroom@10min.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,739
  • Bathroom@100min.jpg
    Bathroom@100min.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,731
  • Bathroom@150min.jpg
    Bathroom@150min.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,710
  • C3Dbathroom.jpg
    C3Dbathroom.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,817
hello

I have just update this script for Cheetah3D 5.5 and LuxRender 0.7.
please check first post.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

whoa this is great news !

thanks much hiroto !

(once i have time to do some testing i might come back with some questions regarding materials)

- archie

well,...stupid question, but...how can I edit my lxs. file to get materials after exporting?

any text editor can edit .lxs, but it will be a nightmare if you don't exactly know the meaning and value range for any property and/or if you got too many materials...
I'd try to export the obj+mtl from Cheetah, load it into Blender and use the complete and up-to-date LexBlend interface instead (I'm not criticizing Hiroto's great script, simply there are too many things that are not accessible via Cheetah+LuxCheetah)

cheers,
Alessandro

any text editor can edit .lxs, but it will be a nightmare if you don't exactly know the meaning and value range for any property and/or if you got too many materials...
I'd try to export the obj+mtl from Cheetah, load it into Blender and use the complete and up-to-date LexBlend interface instead (I'm not criticizing Hiroto's great script, simply there are too many things that are not accessible via Cheetah+LuxCheetah)

cheers,
Alessandro

ok...thanx ;-)

A more robust LuxCheetah workflow via plugin would be soooo cool! I'm really getting into LuxRender these days. IMO, unbiased rendering is underrated due to the slowness, but the results are !!!AWESOME!!!

IMO, unbiased rendering is underrated due to the slowness, but the results are !!!AWESOME!!!

that is excactly why I wanna try luxrender ;-)

...another problem, which goes to a different side: I can not open obj. in blender 2.55 beta...?

Don´t know what is with your Blender version.
I thought the Blender->Luxrender pipeline is limited to Blender 2.49 anyway - no?

Cheers
Frank

I thought the Blender->Luxrender pipeline is limited to Blender 2.49 anyway - no?

Cheers
Frank

actually no. I didn't follow the very last development but there was an exporter for 2.54 for both Luxrender 0.71 and SLG. Probably there's also something newer in the development builds towards 0.8 (when the SLG project -GPU acceleration- will merge into the main branch).
the problem that any Blender exporter is facing these days is the API constantly being changed/updated (and that's the first reason why I'm not following Lux on a daily basis... just waiting for the things to consolidate a bit)

@Level-A: the Luxrender forum is the best place to discuss this thing and get the help you need, of course

cheers,
Alessandro

cannot run script

Hi. I wanted to try a test with LuxCheetah, so I used the lux camera tag, and lux material tag, and when I try to run the LuxCheetah script, it just reports:
luxCheetahError.png

It seems all these functions return similar errors. Does this script need to be updated?
Thanks
--crgreen

thank you for trying.

please use a version for Cheetah3D 5.5 for avoiding that errors. material informations are not exported, so you have to edit it manually after export it with text editor application, though.

but I have an idea to getting material info without using javascript api, so I will update if you liked it in my spare time.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Back