UV Mapping Problem-Help!

UV Mapping Problem-Help!

I'm having a problem with UV mapping, and I'd really appreciate some pointers...

I've got two floor surfaces that I need to map independently.

I followed Peer's instructions in the 'texture resizing' thread and first applied the map with both surfaces part of the same mesh. No problem. Hit 'Adapt Scale' and I got the green grid and was able to scale, position and rotate the map.

Now the problem -- In the model are two floor surfaces -- in different meshes. They both have the same map applied to them (in the attached .zip)...but they need to be applied at different rotations.

So two different meshes, two different materials, two different UV maps -- but both using the same texture bitmap.

I set the Mapping type to 'Flat' on both, and hit 'Adapt Scale' -- But no Green grid shows up.

I can't get the grid to show up, and no matter what I do, I can't rotate the textures into position -- I keep getting it 'smeared'.

Can anyone point the way out of this...?

TIA,

Tim

Attachments

• floor_uv_mapping_844.zip
    135.2 KB · Views: 348
Hi,
I think it was the adapt scale was setting scale value Y: to 0, try the attached file to see if it what your looking for.

John.

Attachments

• archive_173.zip
    135.3 KB · Views: 347
Thanks John --

That works, now.

So, for correct UV-planar mappinng, the X, Y and Z scales should all be equal?

So why did it Adapt Scale mess it up? Any ideas? It worked fine for the single-mesh / single material example.

Not to sure but, when you select flat mapping on a plane that lay's flat across Z, X the adapt scale seems to be try to scale it in the Y direction.

John

Not to sure but, when you select flat mapping on a plane that lay's flat across Z, X the adapt scale seems to be try to scale it in the Y direction.

John

Back