resizing a texture

resizing a texture

I finally understand how to get an imported texture onto a slected area but it is too large for the area. How can I scale down the imported texture? Make it smaller so it fits into the selected polygons. :?

You can do 1 of two things

1) you could click on the material tag and go down to the "UV scale" field and enter in a new scale for the material. For example if you want the material half the size enter 2 for x and 2 for y

2) you can add a UV tag to the object and then select "Flat mapping from the "mapping type" menu. then a green grid will appear over your object. you can scale, rotate and move this like an object

hope that helps

John Markham

PurpleLizzard said:
You can do 1 of two things

1) you could click on the material tag and go down to the "UV scale" field and enter in a new scale for the material. For example if you want the material half the size enter 2 for x and 2 for y

2) you can add a UV tag to the object and then select "Flat mapping from the "mapping type" menu. then a green grid will appear over your object. you can scale, rotate and move this like an object

hope that helps

John Markham

Yes it did a great deal. I've only been using Cheetah for a week now off and on when I'm not working. I'm slowly getting it and I'm pleased.
looking forward to 3.0.

Last edited:
Hello,
Turn on oversampling pass 2 to a value of 8x or something. This will smooth the edges after rendering.
Concerning the label : What size of picture did you use? If it's for example 50x20 pixels it will look bad. Increasing the original texturemap size will help then. Also try to give the bottle more reflection and turn on fresnel. Just a tip!
Good luck!!

Regards,

Peter

peer said:
Hello,
Turn on oversampling pass 2 to a value of 8x or something. This will smooth the edges after rendering.
Peter
Thank you that all worked! I have a question though, Why oversampling pass 2 ? What does oversampling pass 1 do? :lol:

Great that it worked out for you!! Any pictures already? The first oversampling pass renders with Anti-aliasing right away so without the second pass after the final render (ahum, still with me?, My bad English). You can also find a better explanation in the help section of Cheetah.

Regards,

Peter

peer said:
Great that it worked out for you!! Any pictures already? The first oversampling pass renders with Anti-aliasing right away so without the second pass after the final render (ahum, still with me?, My bad English). You can also find a better explanation in the help section of Cheetah.

Regards,

Peter
Thank you I do understand.

Back