How to Animate Clock

How to Animate Clock

Picture%207.png

I've got the hands, I have indicated joints for both the hour and the minute hand. Is there a way for the hour hand to automatically move 30º for every 360º the minute hand moves.

Sure I can figure it out in my own work around way. Just wanted to know if there was an easier way.

Last edited:
Well that is pretty easy to achieve.
Every 360° turn of the minute hand will be 30° for the hour hand.
Say you want build an hour in 3 sec the rhythm will be 360, 720, 1080 and so on and 30, 60, 90 degrees for the hour hand.
Joints are not involved at least not in my example. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TheHours.jas.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 554
Thanks for Tutorial on Ticking

Well that is pretty easy to achieve.
Every 360° turn of the minute hand will be 30° for the hour hand.
Say you want build an hour in 3 sec the rhythm will be 360, 720, 1080 and so on and 30, 60, 90 degrees for the hour hand.
Joints are not involved at least not in my example. ;)

Cheers
Frank

I am going to copy and paste this method and give it a try. I actually recorded ticking to put with it.

Hello, I'm learning Cheetah.
How do you record hands movements? I've downloaded your file and I don't find how?

Thank you.

The record buttons are in the bottom left in cheetah's window. If not, turn on timeline by clicking timeline button on the right on top toolbar. See help files, you will learn quicke then!:rolleyes:

Yes, I see the record button, but how can I record a movement? (frame+frame+....):wink:

I can't find a Render Movement Tutorial...

Hm, select an object, hit record button, move the key cursor few keys to the right, move/scale/rotate the object, hit the record button again. Drag the dark grey slider to select the range you want to render. Hit "render animation" button right next to the regular "render" button.
Usually there is no need to keyframe object's movements for every frame.
I hope i understood you better this time.:rolleyes:

Back