finding, isolating objects

finding, isolating objects

Hi,

Is there a way I can do the following?

1. When I select an object in the editor it is highlighted in the browser unless it's inside a closed folder. I have lots of closed folders in order to keep the browser manageable. The parent folder does not seem to be highlighted. How do I find my object in the browser without opening all of the folders?

2. In a scene with many objects sometimes I need to work on just one, but seeing the others is confusing (I'm a beginner) Is there a way to "solo" an object so that all others disappear from the editor?

3. Also, I sometimes forget I may have made an object invisible in the editor and/or renderer. Is there an easier way to check other than opening the tag for every object? (A color coded tag would be nice)

Thanks

Re: finding, isolating objects

Hi,

smith101 said:
1. When I select an object in the editor it is highlighted in the browser unless it's inside a closed folder. I have lots of closed folders in order to keep the browser manageable. The parent folder does not seem to be highlighted. How do I find my object in the browser without opening all of the folders?

thats right. It would be cool if the parent object of the selected object would expand. I will consider that feaure when I rewrite the object browser. That would be a great work flow enhancement.

smith101 said:
2. In a scene with many objects sometimes I need to work on just one, but seeing the others is confusing (I'm a beginner) Is there a way to "solo" an object so that all others disappear from the editor?

Once again a good idea for a workflow enhancement. I like that too.

smith101 said:
3. Also, I sometimes forget I may have made an object invisible in the editor and/or renderer. Is there an easier way to check other than opening the tag for every object? (A color coded tag would be nice)

That's also true. I've put all of your feature requests on my todo list but I can't say when I find the time to add them since I'm already working on alot of other stuff.

By,
Martin

Back