Car modeling

Car modeling

Can someone suggest a tutorial or give me specifics on setup of blueprints for car modeling. I've tried following some other program tutorials but i'm new to this program and i'm not having much luck getting things setup right.

Thanks
Tim

Car modeling

Martin,

Thanks, that helps some however - what is the relationship in C3D between to width and depth of a plane and the actual dimensions of my blueprint. If my top view is 807 pixels wide and 367 pixels high. What do i set the planes values to in order to have an acceptable size and accurate model. If I enter the images vales into the planes width and depth, I get an image thats cut off from the top edge of the ground plane grid and it's tough to get the image plane setup with that field.

Tim

Hi,
it is important that you keep the ratio of the image. In your case the ratio is 807/367 = 2.2.

If you know want to model a car with 5m length set the width property of the plane to 5.0 and the depth property to 5.0/2.2 = 2.27. Then the plane has the same ratio as the image and no dissortion happens if you map the image on the plane.

By,
Martin

Car Modeling

Martin,

It's starting to make sense now. I've set up my views in the accepted typical fashion (ala the link you gave me earlier). But I'm not sure how to verify that all planes are properly aligned. I seem to be chasing my tail as I try to move each plane into position. When I think I have it then move my view slightly and I find that one or more planes is not where I thought they were.

Tim

Back